The First Night With Them

"I can get you another room if you want, Hayami. We don't really have enough beds in our room for three people." Jiraiya said, eying Naruto and Hayami who were still almost inseparable. 

"I don't really know this village and I-I don't really want to be separated from you guys. I know that sounds like I'm just being crazy but I..." Hayami started as she messed with the hem on her kunoichi style apron and began to trail off.

She began thinking to herself, 'What's going on with me? I was never so timid or any of this crap a day ago? Why can't I seem to form a coherent thought...' As those thoughts continued to circle her mind while intermixing with the thoughts of her clan, she just kept wondering, what the hell was wrong with her? 'Well, if I wanted to come off weak to two total strangers, I'm sure it's definitely working.'

"Pervy Sage, she can just sleep in my bed with me!" Naruto spoke up, smiling brightly.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME YOU LITTLE PERVERT?" Jiraiya yelled getting an irk mark on his forehead.

"HEY I WASN'T GONNA DO ANYTHING, I'M GONNA PROTECT HER! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING I WAS GOING TO DO, PERVY SAGE?" Naruto countered with as he continued to scream.

"Eh-hem, well alright, as long as everyone KEEPS THEIR HANDS TO THEMSELVES." Jiraiya said sternly at the end, making the hairs on both Naruto's and Hayami's necks stand up. The two young shinobi nodded quickly as they scurried into the room and began getting ready for bed. Jiraiya followed suit and started getting ready for bed as well. "If you kids behave, I bet we could even squeeze in some training tomorrow." Both Naruto and Hayami's eyes seemed to light up at this thought and they eagerly nodded before hopping into bed. 

Hayami had only managed to get a few pieces of clothing from her ruined home in Hell Valley before she left. All she was able to find in her bag that would suffice for pajamas was a tight fitting black tank top and grey baggy pants. Of course, she still adorned the blood red crystal around her neck with the white string securing it to her person. She tucked her white camellia hair pin into her bag and tied her long brown hair that normally fell to her lower back up into a high ponytail on the top of her head. Her hair swayed behind her as she walked around the room, tidying up all of her belongings before jumping into bed next to Naruto. Naruto was watching her every move, the way her tank top complimented her womanly figure, and didn't leave too much to the imagination. He watched the way her hair, while both down and tied up, swayed from side to side. Her hips gently going from side to side as well. 

'Wait a damn minute, what the hell am I even thinking about. I really just met this girl, she's been through hell, and THIS is what I'm thinking about??' Naruto thought to himself, but mentally scolding himself didn't make the thoughts go away. He continued to watch her as she climbed into bed next to him. Gently slipping herself under the covers and facing him as soon as she got comfortable.

"Hey, thank you, Naruto. You're my first friend outside of my clan." She smiled that genuine, soft smile and looked deep into his bright oceanic eyes. He started back into those glimmering purple ones she possessed.

"Oh yeah, uh- no problem at all, ya know!" He said quietly in case Pervy Sage was already asleep as to not wake him up.

"I hope we can be really good friends, Naruto." She smiled warmly, but Naruto felt a weird twinge in his heart. Was it the word friend that was bothering him? No, he really did want to be Hayami's friend, maybe even her best friend one day but, is that the most he wanted to be?

Hayami grabbed Naruto's hand and brought it between their chests as they continued to stare at each other. "I know you'll protect me and once I'm not weak anymore, I'll protect you too." She said gazing up at him then back down at their intertwined hands.