History and Lore

The Ketsuryūgan

"The Chinoike (Chin-oi-key) are famous for their Ketsuryūgan, a dōjutsu that, when active, makes their eyes appear blood-red. The Ketsuryūgan allows them to perform powerful genjutsu, of comparable strength to the Uchiha clan's Sharingan. They can also use the Ketsuryūgan to manipulate liquids that have high iron contents, such as blood or the water that naturally flows in the Valley of Hell. Before they can manipulate such liquids, it is necessary that they imbue it with their own chakra."

The History of the Chinoike Clan

"During the Warring States Period, the Chinoike were one of the many mercenary ninja clans active in the Land of Lightning. At some point, a woman of the Chinoike clan married the Land of Lightning's daimyō. The daimyō's first wife became jealous of her, and when the daimyō died soon after their marriage the first wife blamed the woman and her clan for the daimyō's death. Many believed the first wife's lies, causing the entire Chinoike clan to be banished from the country. The Uchiha clan were hired to carry out this task, and they forced the Chinoike clan to settle in the Valley of Hell in the Land of Hot Water.

Over the years, the valley's location was forgotten and the Chinoike clan faded from history. In truth, the Chinoike were able to survive, surviving off the valley's minimal wildlife and resources and enjoying decades of peace.

The tipping point was whether or not the clan should seek vengeance against the Uchiha clan for exiling them there. In a single night, the clan wiped themselves out, with only a few surviving"

The Story of The Last Chinoike

Hayami Chinoike is the last Chinoike. This is her tale, describing in great deal her tangles with fate and destiny. Having witnessed her clan's deaths at the hands of one another, she is left to wander the land by herself. No one to guide her, show her right from wrong, or tuck her into bed. This is her story.

-- DISCLAIMER: Above synopsis are taken from Narutopedia, these summaries (besides the last one about the OC) are factual in the Naruto Universe. I hope this gives everyone some background about this specific clan. Just in case you aren't familiar with the clan or their jutsu, it's the clan from Sasuke Shinden: Book of Sunrise. This arc takes place at the very end of Shippuden (ep. 484-488) so I'm aware she really isn't the last of her clan canonically but I mean it's a fanfiction so ya know ... plot! Enjoy!!