Chapter 3

[Katy's POV]

Oh my God, that's my baby girl. My little Ava Rose. She is so beautiful. When I saw this woman's face I knew she was Lana Prescott and I knew that if she was Lana Prescott her daughter was Ava. And Ava was my daughter. My baby girl that I gave away all these years ago. She's standing right in front of me.

"Hello," I said, resisting the urge to just jump up and wrap my arms around her. "My name is..."

"Katy Perry!" she finished my sentence.

"We'll I was going to say Katheryn but Katy Perry works too," I said to her and giggled.

"Oh my God I've wanted to meet you since I before I could walk!" Maybe her mother told her?

"You are the best singer ever!"

Or it's just because I'm...well.....Katy Perry.

"Can I hug you?" she asked with enthusiasm.

"Absolutely" I said. As she walked to me I opened my arms. They closed around her and she hugged me tight. She smelled like...like...Killer Queen. My Killer Queen perfume. She released me and smiled a huge smile.

"Are you wearing Killer Queen?" I asked even though I already knew the answer.

"Yes, I wear it every day!" she said. Wow, my baby really does love me. Except she doesn't love me for being her mother, she loves me for being Katy Perry. Maybe she could stay with me while her mother is in the hospital. After all she is my daughter and she does belong in my house with me, her real mother.

"Did you find my mom?" she asked.

"Yeah. She was pretty bad so I called the police and they sent an ambulance and I followed them here." I said. "

"Thank you so much." She embraced me in a hug again. It felt so wonderful to have my baby in my arms again but it hurt so bad to know she only loves me because I'm Katy Perry, the international pop star. Not Katy Perry, the mother of this beautiful little girl. After she let go, a boy that was a bit taller than her came in and grabbed her hand.

"Hey I'm Wes. It's an honor to meet you!" he said.

"Katy-it's okay if I call you Katy right?" Ava asked.

No, call me mom.

"Of course it is, Ava," I said.

"Okay. Katy, this is my...wait a second...I never told you my name was Ava."

Damn it. How do I fix this? Think, Katy, think hard.

"Oh, uh, your mom. When I saved her she kept saying 'Where's my daughter; where's Ava,' so that's how I knew," I said smoothly.

Nice job, Katy, real nice job.

[Ava's POV]

Oh my God, Katy Perry actually hugged me! Oh my God, I'm going to die!

No Ava. Act cool; act normal.

"Katy...this is my boyfriend Wes," I said introducing him to her.

"Nice to meet you Wes.. And you Ava" she said.

"Same..this is the best day of my life!" I said.

"I'm glad," she said. I heard a sound as my mother let out a long moan.

"Ava? Ava is that you?" she asked weakly.

"Yes, Mommy, I'm here!" I said as I ran to her bedside and kissed her forehead. "Momma I'm here."

"Baby, I love you," she said, grabbing my hand, "and there is something I need to tell you."

"Tell me when your better. When we get home," I said, on the verge of tears.

"I won't be going home," she said.

"No, mama. No..." I argued. "You are going to be fine!"

"Listen to me baby. There something I must tell you."

"What is it?" I asked.

"When you were only a baby I adopted you. Someone came and gave you to me. I took you because she was desperate to find a safe place for you-"

"I thought you said I was left on your doorstep and you didn't know who left me there," I said, cutting her off.

"Baby...I told you that because you weren't ready to know who your mother is..." she said.

"Who is she...tell me...please..." I pleaded.

"Your mother is...she's...Katy Perry."

And those are the last words I heard before she slumped down and passed out.