Sara/Laurel Lance - Care

TW: Implications of Eating Disorder

AN: It was nearly impossible to make this fluffy so sorry about that. Also I won't be taking prompts for this book until further notice. Sorry about the inconvenience

 Sorry about the inconvenience

Sara was observant. She was able to notice the smallest of things despite people trying to hide them. Her training in the League of Assassins had been a blessing and yet a curse. For the moment, it was a blessing. As you attempted to hide the fact that you weren't really eating, Sara noticed how you were feeding practically giving all your food to the dog under the table. No one noticed because they were all too busy celebrating her return. The celebration was forced but she didn't care, Sara had come back to take care fo you and Laurel.

"(y/n), did you like the chicken that dad bought? This beats anything that we were offered in the League."

You look up from your plate of food to quickly glance at her. She smiles when she meets your eyes but you don't return it.

"It's fine. We always have chicken on Friday. Can I be excused?"

You tell your father. As always he doesn't care, simply waving you off. You quickly rush to pick up your place and rush to the kitchen to drop off all the dirty dishes. You hadn't realized that Sara had followed after you since her steps were so quiet.

"Can we talk?"

"I'm tired, Sara. Can we talk another time?"

"Please. We haven't talked in so long. It won't be more than an hour."

You sigh and eventually nod. You just wanted to get some sleep. No matter how much you slept, you were constantly tired. The lack of food wasn't helping your case.

X

Back in your bedroom, Sara closed the door and laid down besides you. You attempted to put some space between the two of you but that just made Sara scoot closer to you.

"What is it that you want Sara?"

"I'm worried. I didn't like what I saw during dinner."

Trying to play dumb, you pretended to have no idea what she was talking about. It's not like she could have figured it out so quickly. Your dad and Laurel had yet to notice and they've been eating with you since the start of it all. It was Sara's first family meal in months and she had been quick to notice.

"Please don't play dumb with, (y/n). I might've been gone for months but neither of us have changed. I know when you're hiding something. Well at least trying, you weren't good at being sneaky about what you were doing during dinner."

You turn away from her, your back facing her.

"You've been gone for months. You have no right to suddenly barge into my life and pretend that you care. If you cared, you wouldn't have left. So just leave me alone and go back to where you had come from. I didn't need you all those months that you were gone, I don't need you now."

Sara sighs, feeling guilty. She couldn't turn time back around to stop herself from leaving but all she could do at the moment was be there for you.

"Well I'm not leaving anymore. I made a mistake by just disappearing like that and I'm not going to do it again. I'm here to stay."

You didn't want for your heart to be broken again. You had cried for weeks when you learned that Sara had disappeared without a trace. All she had left was a note with a short explanation but no explanation of when she would be back. Assuming the worst as always, you believed that she wouldn't return.

"You're just saying that because of what you saw during dinner. You don't really care. You just feel guilty after what happened to our family since you disappeared."

Sara did feel guilty but that wasn't her entire reason for her to stay. She cared about you and Laurel.

"I do care about you, (y/n). I'm sorry for ever leaving but I can't change the past."

"You don't care about me. If you did care, you wouldn't have left."

Sara kept quiet for the longest time that you almost believed that she had fallen asleep. You nearly jump out of your bed when she wraps her arms around your waist and pulls you close to cuddle with her like when the two of you were younger.

"I care. I'm never leaving again, (y/n)."

You cried yourself to sleep as Sara held you and continued to tell you how she was going to take care of you.