Wynonna Earp - Hell's Messenger Part 1

Summary: There's another heir

Prompt by: a_lone_soul 

"...a younger sister...(y/n) was sent away to protect her....also an heir....will wield Hell's Messenger.....a gun that belonged to my father."

Wynonna read the letter out loud to everyone. They all grabbed the letter from her, wanting to see if it wasn't a joke. 

"So you're telling us that Waverly is not the youngest and that (y/n) can wield a weapon like yours?"

Dolls asks to no one in particular. This had to be a joke. No one was even aware that you existed. 

"Yep. Says so right there in daddy's letter. I'm beginning to think that maybe he wasn't the greatest father that I thought her was. He kept so many things from us. How could he just send one of his own daughters away?"

Waverly hugs Wynonna. She was shocked to hear that she had another sister but Wynonna looked like she wasn't handling it too well.

"Maybe but for now. We have to focus on finding her. I can't imagine how she must feel. Thinking that she's all alone in the world when she has not one but two sisters."

Wynonna calms down and returns Waverly's hug. 

"I guess you're right. We should focus on finding her. I'm sure she'll just love to come to town and realize that she had to kill revenants because she's also an heir"

"Wynonna!"

"What? It's the truth. I wound't even be excited."

Waverly rolls her eyes and turns to the rest. 

"Well lets get started. We have zero clue as to where they could have taken her or if they changed her name so this is an all hands on deck operation."

X

Finding you was much more difficult than they thought. They had apparently hid you too well that they had even made sure to keep the name Earp off of your birth certificate. It took a couple of calls form Dolls and a little help form Nicole that they ended up figuring out where you lived. 

Dolls, Doc and Nicole stayed behind to keep an eye on things as Waverly and Wynonna took a trip to your town. 

You were in the middle of target practice when you noticed an unfamiliar truck approach your house. You don't think much of it as you never got any visitors around so you continued focusing  on your practice. 

"Hey you!"

You turn around, pointing the gun to the two brunettes. 

"Woah! Hey, we're not here to hurt anyone."

You raise your eyebrow and looked down at the gun that was strapped on the tallest one's leg. 

"If you could just let us explain ourselves!"

The shorter one yells to you. 

"You can explain yourselves from there. Now who are you and why are you here."

Your aunt had made sure that you never trusted strangers. She had always told you that there would come a time that someone would try to come hurt you and seeing the girl's gun on her leg made you realize that she had been right all along. Although, looking at the shorter one, made you think that maybe they truly did mean no harm. 

"I'm Waverly and this is Wynonna Earp."

You give her a blank stare as she tells you their names. You had never heard of them before. 

"Nothing? No no one told you about us?"

"Am I suppose to know you?"

"We're your sisters."

You lower your weapon, allowing Waverly to finally breathe. She had honestly thought you were going to shot them for a second. 

"My sisters? My aunt told me that all my family had died in a fire. That I was the only survivor."

Wynonna walks up to you, placing her hand on your shoulder. 

"Hate to break it to you kid but she lied. As did our daddy. Lets go in and talk about this like civil women."

x

"So you're telling me that the gun my aunt gave me is meant to be used to kill 'revenants' and that we're both heirs to a curse. Our 'dad' sent me away to protect me and my 'aunt' is not actually my aunt but just a close friend of our dads"

"Yep. Pretty much nailed it."

You looked at your gun and then back to Wynonna's. The only difference was that yours was black. 

"And that my gun is actually called Hell's messenger."

Waverly nods as she finishes drinking her water. 

"Well come on then. Lets go, we have some revenants to kill."

Wynonna looks at you, impressed that you didn't have an issue what you had just been told. 

"Are you sure? I know that this is a lot to process. We don't have to leave yet."

"Waverly, I'm fine. I'm quite psyched that I have sisters. It was getting lonely. We'll head out first thing in the morning."

Waverly and Wynonna just looked at each other as you headed upstairs. They honestly didn't think you would accept what you had been told so easily but they were glad that you did. First thing tomorrow, they were going to start making up for lost time.