7: One Hell of a Girl

Thanks to @OfficialWrongHordak and @My_Sweet_Lemons for the fight idea

Oof, this is a long chapter. Enjoy!

Lil skip, bc if you didn't notice, I'm lazy.

Annabeth and Peter were being 'tested' by Tony Stark (It was really easy for them) at a desk in Mr. Stark's lab after Romanoff left, when Peter glanced at the ceiling. More specifically, the vent in the ceiling.

Annabeth noticed him looking and examined the vent herself. She didn't expect to see a face smiling down at them.

Hawkeye had climbed into the vents and was watching them through the vent, with a slightly surprised face, as he hadn't expected them to notice him that fast.

Dr. Stark was sitting a couple tables away, working on some sort of mechanical sphere, sort of like an Archimedes Sphere, Annabeth noted. Although obviously not quite as successful, as Mr. Stark is just a mortal.

Hawkeye made sure to land near Mr. Stark when he jumped down, and let out a high pitched screech. Stark jumped and whirled around, ready to hit him in the head with a wrench, and would have succeeded had the archer not expected it.

"Barton! Get out of my lab! You're gonna break something!"

"And what are you gonna do about it?"

"I'll turn all of your tech pink."

"Nuh-uh, sorry, but I look good in pink."

"You'll have to cook for the team for a week."

"Nnnnnope! Remember? Pepper banned me from the kitchen. She wouldn't even let me."

"That's not something to be proud about." stated Annabeth.

"Yeah, but for him it is. Let's see... Well, desperate time calls for desperate measures. I'll lock you out of the Netflix account, and I'll change the wifi password."

"No, no, no, okayyy I'm going, but please not that!"

"We should be done in an hour, you can terrorize them then."

"Well at least you aren't making me wait as long as last time."

"How long did he make you wait last time?" asked Peter.

"Forty-five minutes. I thought I was gonna die from the suspense!"

Tony facepalmed.

"...You do know that an hour is longer than forty-five minutes, right?" asked Annabeth.

"No, silly, an hour is only 30 minutes. That's less than 45." He tapped his head. "Math."

"...You absolute idiot." This guy was reminding her more and more of Percy. "An hour is 60 minutes. That's more than 45. You know that, right?"

"No, it's not! Tony, you didn't hire a very smart one. I think she needs to redo some grades. Where'd you even get her? An hour is 30 minutes."

Annabeth stood her ground. "No, it's 60. Are you the type of person that puts pineapple on pizza or something? I bet you even bite string cheese instead of peeling it like some kind of heathen."

"No! I would never! That's horrible! A desecration to cheese kind! How could you even insinuate that! Also, pINEAPPLE ON PIZZA IS GOOD, OKAY?"

Tony just sat back and wondered at the significant loss of sanity in the younger generations. 'How does this even happen? Entire generations simply losing their minds?'