Chapter 10

Vote to save Liam's life! 

song Niall sings on the sideee ♥

—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—

*Niall's pov*

When I woke up, I now was strapped into a hospital bed, the heart monitor beeping next to me. I wasn't in the same room as Liam though. I don't even know where he is. By the look of my room, I was in a small part of the hospital, not a very important part because I have no serious injuries or conditions. Liam is in the ICU, so I am defiantly very far away from him. 

"Nurse!" I called out, struggling to sit up. 

"Oh good, you're up," A strange old woman said, walking in a pushing me back down on the bed, "You must rest for a little bit longer, sir." 

"But I have to see Liam." I argued, trying to sit back up again. 

"Who?" she said, sounding dumbfounded. 

"My boyfriend!" I yelled back at her, falling off the bed in an attempt to get up. I lifted up my hospital dress thing and showed the lady my stitches (thank god I had underwear on) "I gave him one of my kidneys?" 

"Ooohh, you mean Liam Payne?" 

"Yes!" I practically shouted, trying my hardest not to strangle this woman. 

"Well, he is still in his coma I'm afraid, you've been out pretty long too, guess anaesthetic takes a while to wear off on you." She said, looking at her little clipboard.

"He's still..... asleep?" I choked, tears springing to my eyes.

"Yeah, I'm sorry lad." She said, then walked out. I shook my head and got up off the floor, grabbing the IV rolley thing that was connected into my arm, and walked out of my room, just like that. I walked aimlessly around the hospital until I found Liam's room, which I didn't. I had to stop and ask directions, and ending up getting a bone crushing hug from a blonde haired girl I didn't recognise.

"Niall! You're okay!" She screamed, hugging me tighter.

"Yeah I am..." I said, leaving the sentence to hang in the air.

"Is my hair really that different?" She complained, looking at one of the locks of blonde hair.

"Amy?" I questioned, peering into her dark green eyes.

"Yes!" She squealed again, hugging me again.

"Where is Liam?" I said, looking around. I don't recognise this place.

"Oh, he is on the eighth floor, I can take you there if you want?"

"Yes please," I said, sighing with relief, "I'm so sick of walking around here not knowing where the hell I am. I'm sure the old lady that was in my room will send out a 'lost' patient call soon."

Amy laughed and then cooled down, wiping her eyes, "You're a funny one, Niall."

"Why thank you." I said, pretending to bow, but ending up hurting myself in the process.  

"Just come with me." she said, rolling her eyes. I followed Amy for 5 minutes before she pushed open a door and I saw Liam laying down on the uncomfortable bed, his respirator and heart monitor the only noises in the room. "I'll leave you to it." She whispered and then closed the door once I stepped inside. 

"Oh Liam." I whispered, sitting down on the all so familiar chair. "You don't know what I am going through, my love. It's terrible. My body is fighting my mind, my mind is fighting back. I am in a constant war, all over you," I said then paused to make sure no one had walked in without me knowing, "I'm glad that you have one of my kidney's, now there is a piece of me inside you," I said, then lightly chuckled, "I wish you would just wake up, Liam. I love you, I know that now, sure, it's too early to say, but it's true. Whenever I look into your eyes, sparks fly every time. I feel a connection between us, that I just can't ignore. I know you can hear me, somewhere inside your smart brain, you can hear me. Please, Liam, just wake up." I finally whispered, kissing his forehead.