Chapter 1

A/N: Okay, so. I am going to change some stuff up in this story yeah? No girlfriends except Zayn's and Niall doesn't have a dad in this. I don't mean to be rude, but this is also just a fan FICTION. I cannot emphasise that enough. This isn't real. It might never be real. You don't know.

—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—

*Niall's POV*

Having no friends isn't such a bad thing you know. I mean, I don't have to wait for anyone when I go into class, or hang around with a big group of friends at lunch...

Then there is the popular people. Like, Harry Styles for instance. He hangs around with a lot of people, and is always late to class because he was 'waiting for his friends'. You see? Having no friends is sometimes better. 

It's not like anyone pays attention to me anyways. I just keep my headphones in and tune out. The only time someone ever notices me is when I'm getting beaten up in the halls by that Leo kid. He likes to bully me and give my black eyes. It's cause I'm gay you know. And I don't actually have a crush on anyone at the moment. But I do know I am gay. It all started when I was in year 7, all of my friends back then had girlfriends, and were kissing and stuff. And when it was my turn, when they all told me to kiss a girl, I just didn't find any attraction to her, and when I kiss her BAM nothing at all. So I experimented. I 'accidently' kissed a guy when I 'fell' on him. Sparks went everywhere, so I knew I was gay. Then I came out to my 'best friend' and all of a sudden, everyone knew about it. 

I'm actually sitting in maths class now, waiting for the teacher to walk in. Which of course, will not happen for at least 20 more minutes. Mr Higgins was always late. 

"Hey, do you have a pen I can borrow?" Someone asked me after tapping on my shoulder.

"Oh uh, yeah sure." I replied to them handing over one of my many blue pens in my pencil case. Why so many Niall? Well, you see, you lend someone a pen, and then they never give it back. I looked behind me and saw the new kid, Louis Tomlinson or something, was the one who asked me. "You're new aren't ya?" I asked him. In response I got a small smile and a nod. "Do you have any friends yet?" I asked him again.

"Oh... no..." He replied, looking at the floor. 

"Wanna be mine?" I asked him, and then awaited the usual NO. All well, it was worth a shot-

"Yeah sure." He said and gave me a massive smile. I watched as he picked up all of his books and sat in the spot next to me, that is always empty. No one sits with me - ever. It's like I'm some sort of virus or something... 

"I'm Niall... in case you were wondering." I awkwardly said to him, giving him a small smile. 

"I know. People talk about you." He said to me, shrugging my shoulders.

"And you still want to be my friend?" I asked him, raising an eyebrow.

"Yup." He replied, looking back to his books and then up to the whiteboard.

"Don't bother." I told him. "Mr Higgins is always at least 20 minutes late.. We won't even have a class today."

I watched as he pouted. "But I like maths."

I laughed at the boy before looking at him. He has light brown hair brushed to the side, and sparkling blue eyes. He looks fairly small, around my height and he has a bit of a tan. But nothing sparked when I talked to him. I looked at his books, he was drawing something.. I'm too far away to tell what it is so I just ask him.