Chapter 14 [!!]

Only one chapter left! plus an epilogue ;D ahh, this is going to be sad, yet happy... brace yourselves guise

—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—

*Amy's pov*

I saw Niall run out of Liam's room with fresh tears in his eyes. I feel so sorry for the boy, his 'one true love' on the brink of death. I couldn't help but sigh at the poor boy, he has gone through so much, and so has Liam. I just hope Niall doesn't do anything stupid. I wrote down something about my last patient on the clipboard on the main round desk, then walked back the way I came, which meant I had to pass Liam's room. I sighed again, I hate passing Liam's room, it always makes me so sad-

"Amy." I heard a voice croak as I passed, which made me immediately stop in my tracks. Did I just hear- "Amy help."

I retraced my step's and looked into Liam's room. He was still lying down, his eyes big, Oh crap, the breathing tube. I ran over to him, my eyes also wide as I pulled out the tube, and stopped the life support, which was beating his heart for him. I sighed when I realised that he could breath and live by himself. I grabbed some water, gave it to him and the first- well- second words he said was; 

"Niall's going to kill himself." 

"W-what?!" I spluttered, taking the empty cup from him.

"Niall thinks that I am dead, so he is going to kill himself to be with me!" he yelled at me, and I didn't waste any time.

"Liam, what I am about to do is illegal, but I know that if you're there too, he might listen to you." I replied to him, sitting him up, putting the drip on a movable stand "Let's go." 

Liam followed me out, and I looked around to make sure that no one was out there. It is pretty late, so  I am surprised that it's quite. Usually most nights, this place is chock-a-block from all of the road accidents. When Liam and I finally got to my car, me being surprised that Liam has lasted this long without doubling over in pain, the blasted thing wouldn't start. I gave Liam an apologetic look and kept trying to start my poor little Honda civic. Soon, after at least 20 tries, the stupid thing started and I sped out of that hospital like my life depended on it. I still haven't wrapped my head around the fact that it is literally impossible for Liam to be next to me right now, but boy, the nurses are sure going to get one hell of a fright when they come back tomorrow morning to kill his life support, supposedly killing him. I just hope, actually I pray, that Niall is alive and that he hasn't done anything stupid. It's only 9 at night, he won't even be in bed yet, right? Most teens will kill themselves when they have said goodnight to their parents and gone to bed. According to Liam, Niall doesn’t go to bed until 10:30pm. We still have time. 

"Come on Amy, faster." Liam urged, sitting on the edge of his seat. We were 10 minutes away from Niall's house, but if I speed, we are only 5 minutes. Deciding to just go 5 kilometres over the speed limit, we got to Niall's house in 7 minutes. I watched as Liam knocked on the door, yelled at the woman standing in it, grabbing my wrist and pulling me inside, with my first aid kit, and then sprinted up the stairs. I don't even know how he has enough strength for this, but clearly the woman who opened the door doesn’t know either, she looks like she has just seen a ghost. 

"NIALL!" Liam screamed, and I could hear the terror in his voice. Oh no. Oh God no. I ran up the stairs and saw Niall. Lying on the bed, his wrists slashed, empty pill bottles all around him. 

"Liam, move back, I have to flush his body here." I said to him, opening my amazing first aid kit. This kit, supplies things for every occasion, one of the many perks of being a nurse. I set to work in putting the drip in Niall's arm, only to find that his heart beat was already gone.