Chapter 8 [!!]

this chapter contains self harm. If you do not wish to read look out for this symbol ---> # 

—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—

*Nialls POV*

I have been pacing around this tiny little waiting room for over an hour. I've even missed school (not that I care) and the doctors haven't finished with the operation yet. As soon as we arrived to the hospital, the doctors took Liam straight into emergency surgery. Turns out that LEO busted one of Liam’s main arteries in his stomach, around his kidneys. 

"Are you hear for Payne comma Liam?" A perky brunette asked me. I got up with shaky hands, not bothering to wipe away the tears and looked up at her. 

"Yes." I croaked out, my chin wobbling. 

"I'm sorry sir, but I have some terrible news," she started, then looked to her clipboard. "Liam is in a coma, and most likely won't wake up again at all... I'm terribly sorry..." 

"What?" I choke out, tears falling again. 

"I really am sorry, you can see him if you want." she said, pointing in the direction of the room. 

"No. I will be back later..." I said, turning around and running out of the hospital. I need to get out of here. Liam? in a forever coma? 

Oh god.       # DO NOT READ IF YOU DONT WANT TO. JUST SKIP IT.

I ran home and locked myself in my room. Not that it matters, no one is going to be home. I moved from my bedroom and into my bathroom, grabbing my razor. 

"I love you, Liam." I said to no one, and delicately sliced the razor over my wrist, cutting deep. The next time I pulled it over, I cut deeper, making the pain solve my problems. I kept doing this, cutting around 10 lines on my wrist, making it bleed. One wrist is enough... for now. I stood up and walked over to the sink, turning on the tap and running my wrist under it. I breathed in through my teeth from the pain, but then relaxed. The pain is taking everything away. 

"Niall? You home mate?" Someone called from downstairs. I quickly looked at myself in the mirror. My face is pale, my eyes are dark and my hair is just... ugh. I splashed some water on my face and tried to look happy. It's not working. I walked back into my room and grabbed some bracelets that Liam made me, and used them to cover up my wrists. 

"Niall? It's Louis, are you home?" Louis called out again. I could hear him walking towards my bedroom and he was getting closer and closer. I shoved all of the bracelets on, and opened the door before he reached me.       #

"Yeah?" I called out, pretending that I didn't hear him.

"Didn't you hear me, mate?" Louis said, rolling his eyes at me once he saw me. "Were you taking a shit or something?" 

"Yeah, or something." I replied, looking away. 

"Well, let’s go." Louis said, smiling and pulling at my arm. 

"Where are we going?" I asked him, wincing as his hand moved further down. 

"Dude, We are going to the movies? I asked you last week?" Louis said, squinting his eyes at me. 

"What are we seeing again?" I asked, looking at him with utter confusion.

"Rise Of The Guardians?" he said, looking at me like I was crazy.