A Warning

The image of Annabeth's body falling was seared in Dean's mind.

Percy did not scream. His brother held his girlfriend's body, sobbing quietly, before gently laying her down on the ground and turning to face Chuck with a murderous look in his eyes.

"Your lack of compliance will always cause suffering," Chuck said. Dean knew he should get up, and give Chuck what's coming to him, but his legs felt like jelly. He wanted to do something, anything.

"I'm going to kill you," Percy seethed, taking a step toward Chuck. God looked frightened for a moment, but he quickly regained his composure.

"And sacrifice your family?" Chuck gestured to Dean. The Winchester's throat closed up, and Dean's vision began to swim as he choked. His hands flew to his throat. If only he could do something...

"You wouldn't kill Dean Winchester," a familiar voice said. The sheets dude appeared beside Percy. Hermes. "No, you need him." Dean's airway was suddenly cleared, and he could see again. 

"Is that really the card you're going to play?" Chuck asked.  Dean glanced at his brother. Percy was barely standing, his hands soaked in blood. "Sadly, you're very predictable. You will lose every time."

"Perseus," Hermes said calmly. Dean stood. His brother hesitated. 

"Let's go," he ordered, stepping back and facing his angels.

"What about..." The angel who had held a blade to Dean's throat gestured to Dean and Thalia.

"Leave them," Chuck ordered. "We have La Rue, Solace, and the remainder of his precious Camp. That should be enough leverage." He glanced at the campers, almost as if he was daring them to attack. Then, all godly forces disappeared.

Including Percy and Hermes.

Now, as Charlie recounted the battle's events to Sam, Dean could only worry about his brother. He's a Winchester. When someone they love dies, they'd do anything, anything, to get them back. Dean should now. Percy was still with them when Dean made the deal to resurrect Sam and bargained his own life.

After Charlie was done, Dean excused himself and his brother, leaving the demigods alone. He knew Grover was pissed at Percy, not that he could blame him. Percy had made some questionable choices, but his entire world was at stake.

"She's really dead," Sam said quietly. Dean nodded. "I knew, I knew something was wrong with Nico when he took you. And the situation with the car crash-" Dean came to an abrupt stop.

"Sam, it wasn't your fault. Chuck did this."

"Chuck." Sam paused as they began walking again. "How did we not know who he was is?" 

"Have you looked at the guy?" Sam's mouth didn't even twitch. "He's all squirrely and-"

"Dean." He wisely shut his mouth. "Percy, can you imagine what he's going through? The weight of the world is on his shoulders, only to find out that this isn't the first time. We've always had each other, and Percy had Annabeth. I remember what it was like to lose Jess. Percy's known Annabeth for much longer than I for Jess. I just- make sure he's not going to do something stupid." 

Like a Winchester.

"Dean!" Both brothers glanced at each other, not recognizing the voice. They turned to see a teen making a beeline for them. "I've been looking for you." Dean looked the teen up and down. She looked just as tired as any of the teens here, however, she was not wearing a bright orange or purple shirt. 

"Who are you?" Dean asked. Her overalls were paint-splattered, and her frizzy red hair was disheveled.

"Rachel Dare, CHB's resident Oracle at your service," she said, attempting to smile. Dean had seen that kind of smile in the mirror many times before. He was no stranger to putting on a happy facade.