23

When I woke up, the sun was shining. I took a shower, and got ready for the day. I straightened my hair, and put on some makeup. For my outfit, I put on black leggings, with one of zachs hoodies. It was kinda cold today. Texas has weird weather. It's December and some days are hot, and others are cold. It's weird.

I walked down the steps to the kitchen. No one was home, I'm guessing. I kept walking and there was a box on the table and a note on the counter. I went to read the note first.

Hey kenz,
My mom and I went out to do some Christmas shopping. We will be back around 2. But there's a box on the table for you. Your aunt dropped it off this morning before she left to go back to North Carolina. I don't know what it is. All she said when she dropped it off was that it was for you. Love you babe, we'll be back soon. Oh and Matt is at work. Okay see yA soon. Xoxoxo
-Zach

I smiled at the fact that he called me babe. Oh and he loves me! But I wonder what the package is. I grabbed the package and a pair of scissors and went up to my room.

I sat the package on the floor, grabbed my phone, then sat down right next to it. I looked at the time, 11:46. About two hours until Zach gets back.

I cut open the package and on top it said,

"To Mckenzie, from mom and dad."

I started to cry, just thinking of how much I missed them. I took the piece of paper that said that, and put it to the side. There were two letters at the top, then more stuff at the bottom. It was actually a really big box.
One envelope said,

"From mom"

The other said,

"From dad"

I opened up the first envelope from my mom. If you didn't know, she died from cancer about 3 and a half years ago.

Dear Mckenzie,

You're probably reading this because I'm gone. I'm sorry honey. I will always love you no matter what though. I'm writing this as I'm in the hospital bed and you're in school. I want you to know that you'll be okay without me. I believe you can do it. You can do anything you set your mind to. Just please don't forget me. You have your father with you. When his time ever comes I want you to be strong. I hope you find the love of your life someday. Someone you can call yours. I hope you can have kids one day, and love them as much as I love you. I'm watching baby girl. I'm watching. Look up, that's where I am. I hope the rest of your life is amazing. Thank you for being such an amazing daughter. I wouldn't want to be a mother to anyone else. I love you Mckenzie. See you soon.
-mommy

I continued to cry, but even harder. Just thinking of my mom made me miss her so much. Then, I opened my dads letter.

Kenzie,

Hey kenz. Um, so I don't know exactly when you'll find this box, because I didn't leave it in my suicide note. I wanted you to find it for yourself. Kenzie, I'm going to miss you so Much. But can I just tell you how proud I am of you? Your gorgeous, and the most down to earth girl I know. I really wish I were there with you, but like I said before, the pain was just too much. Everyday on earth without your mother, was like getting weaker everyday. Don't cry sweetie. We're up in the clouds now. Don't worry, we are fine. But I want you to be as happy as can be. And have fun with that Zach boy. He seems nice and I can see the chemistry going on between you both. I love you kenzie. See you soon.
-dad