44

6 months later-

Things have been perfect lately. The house is rebuilt, all of our stuff is in there and we are living happily. I turned 17 two months ago, and zach turned 17 last week. He had a party and I didn't see him at all. I wonder where he was that night, but who cares.

But all of a sudden, he's busy all the time and has to go to meetings everyday. Something is definitely up.

6 months ago, I made a new friend. Her name is Ivy and she's really nice.

Zach finally got home from wherever he was and walked through the door. I kissed him and he kissed back. But barely.

He went up to shower and there was a knock at the door. I opened it up to see kenzie, crying, with a pregnancy test in her hand.

"Hey ivy what happened?" I asked worried.

"Oh I um I didn't know you were home." She said quietly.

"But I live here. Why do you need Zach?" I asked.

She looked at me worried. And almost scared.

Just as she opened her mouth to talk, Zach walked downstairs.

"Oh shit." He mumbled to himself.

"Zach. I'm pregnant. With your baby." She said.

It's almost like everything was in slow motion. And it took forever to get those words into my mind.

Ivy.
Is.
Pregnant.
With.
My.
Boyfriends.
Child.

Tears came to my eyes. I grabbed my phone off the table and ran upstairs to my room. I locked myself in here and sat in a corner to cry. Zach was pounding on my door to let him in, and ivy was texting and calling me from downstairs.

My heart is broken. He did it again. He cheated. He broke my heart for basically the 4th time. He said he loved me.

After he finally stopped knocking I walked downstairs and they were sitting on the couch holding hands.

I started to walk back up the steps but Zach interrupted me.

"Kenzie please we need to talk." He said.

"No. I don't want to talk to either of you." I said. He pulled my arm down the steps and stood in front of me. He sat me down a chair in the living room. I immediately stood up.

"I JUST FUCKING SAID I WASNT GONNA TALK. I DONT CARE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY. ZACH I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE. YOU SAID YOU LOVED ME. WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU PROMISING THAT YOULL NEVER CHEAT AGAIN. WHAT ABOUT THAT?" I screamed.

"Kenzie I-"

"NO SAVE YOUR DUMB BULLSHIT. YOUR GONNA SAY IT WAS AN ACCIDENT AND IM GONNA BELIEVE YOU AND GO THROUGH IT ALL AGAIN. I CANT BELIEVE YOU. THIS IS THE FOURTH TIME YOUR BROKE MY HEART. I WISH I NEVER CAME TO FUCKING TEXAS." I said in his face.

"AND YOU, YOU FUCKING WHORE. GO FUCK YOURSELF. YOU PROBABLY ONLY USED ME TO GET TO ZACH. IM FCKING SICK OF YOU. YOU KNEW I WAS IN LOVE WITH ZACH, BUT YOU DECIDE TO GO ALONG AND MAKE HIM CHEAT OM ME ANYWAY? YOURE NO FRIEND. YOURE A DUMB BITCHY HOE." I screamed at her.

"Kenzie I'm sorry." She said looking down.

"No you're not." I said quietly.

"Kenzie can we please work this out?!" Zach said getting a little bit more angry.

"No. Because I'll get attached again. Zach were done. Over. I can't keep getting hurt. It's taking every muscle in my body to not jump into your arms and have you tell me everything will be okay. Because I know it won't be." I said and walked out the front door. I don't really know where I was going, but I just kept going. I decided to call Nick. We became best friends over the course of 6 months.

"Hello?" He said through the phone.

"Nick can you please come get me?" I asked quietly crying.

"Yeah sure. Where are you?" He said.

I told him where I was and he came to get me. I hopped in his car and he saw my puffy face with my tears.

"What the hell happened? Where is Zach?"

"Can we please not talk about him. He cheated on me Nick. He Fucking cheated on me. I gave that boy my life. I did anything for him. I loved him. I guess he was too blinded to see that." I said starting to cry again

"It's okay. You don't need him to be happy." He said smiling at me.

"So I'm guessing you're not going home." He said.

"Right." I said. I slightly smiled at Nick, thankful for him.

We got to nicks apartment and it was pretty nice. We sat on the couch and started talking.

"So, would it help you to talk about it or no?" He asked.

"I don't know anymore. I'm just so stressed out and I don't think the idea is fully in my head. Zach cheated on me. He was having sex and kissing another girl then came back and acted like nothing was wrong. Zach got home from a meeting today and took a shower. My best friend showed up at the doorstep balling her eyes out holding a pregnancy test. She told me she didn't know I was home then Zach ran downstairs and said oh shit. So she told Zach she was prefab right in front of me. So basically I ran upstairs, cried my eyes out, went downstairs, screamed at them, called her a whore and a bitch. Then started walking and called you." I said. I wiped away the tears I didn't know were on my face. Nick gave me a hug and started rubbing my back.

"It'll be okay. I promise." He said looking into my eyes.

"But that's the thing. I don't know if I want it to be okay. I don't want to forgive him." I said. He took his thumb and wiped away my tears that were still falling from my eyes.

Next thing I know, we are both leaning in and our lips connected. It's like the first time I kissed Zach.

Amazing.