07

Kenzie's POV:

"You cut?" Zach asked me.

"Used to. After my mom died. Then it kept happening. I kept cutting. It's like drugs. Once you start, you can't stop. Luckily my best friend talked me out of it. Which is what I'm gonna do with you. Every time I cut, she would take my phone for the week. I loved my phone, so I stopped. So for you, everytime you cut, I'm gonna take your phone and iPad for a week so you can't broadcast." I said.

"Kenz that's not fair." He said.

"Zach yes it is! I don't want you cutting anymore. I care about you." I said tearing up.

"You just met me. How can you care so much? Before this I meant nothing to you." Zach said.

"Zach I cared about you since the second I saw you! That day I found you on younow I fell in love! I never thought I would be face to face with you right now. Zach.... I love you." I said. Did I just make the biggest mistake of my life?!

"Kenz-"

"It's okay zach. I should probably get home. I didn't tell my dad where I was."

"No Kenzie, I wanted to say I love you too." Zach said.

My eyes went wide. He loves me too. The love of my life loves me too. He got up from his hospital bed and hugged me.

"Thank you for everything Kenzie. Id be... Dead without you. Literally." Zach said.

I smiled. He can always make a bad situation good. We both stared into each other's eyes for a minute. He started to lean in, and so did I. Our lips were a centimeter away, when the door swung open, and revealed zachs mom. Who looked very worried.

"I don't mean to interrupt, but Kenzie, we have something to tell you." She said.

"Okay .." I said starting to freak out.

"Your father committed suicide. He left a note. Here." She said as she handed me a piece of paper.

Tears flew down my cheeks. Nonstop. My dad. He's gone. I have no one left. I looked at the note for a second. It took every muscle in my body to open it.

To Kenzie,
Honey I am so so sorry. But I can't be here anymore. Everything that I see reminds me of your mother. The sky,the grass,the house, she would love it. And you. Every time I look at you I see your mother. Call it true love, but I can't live without her. She was my rock. She kept me grounded. I feel so alone all the time. Yeah, I have you, but that's different. Kenzie I love you with all of my heart. But I don't want to live with this pain. I want to be with your mom. Up in heaven. I know this will be hard for you, but be happy. I'm finally happy. I'm with your mom. I hope you can be happy to. Don't be sad. I hate seeing my beautiful daughter sad. I want you to smile. Smile right now. While reading this I want you to smile. See, there ya go. I love that smile. Before I go, I jut wanted to say that you are the best daughter any man can have. But your going to have to start packing. Take anything you want from the house, but your going to live with your aunt back in North Carolina. I know you really want to stay in Texas now, but it's for the best. And there's an envelope of money in the top drawer of my dresser. I love you baby girl. Stay strong. And never give up. Your strong you can get through this. I love you so much, don't you ever forget it. I love you Kenzie. I'm really sad that I won't be by your side as you grow up, but I'll always be by your side in spirit. Your mom too. Goodbye Kenzie. I love you.
-dad