74

Zachs POV

"I'm sorry sir.... But your wife, she's in a coma." The nurse said to me. My heart broke, yet I was also relieved that she's still alive.

"C-can I see h-her?" I stuttered. There was a lump in my throat, making it hard to speak.

"Sure, come this way." She said to me. I followed her into a room and there she was.

She looked so lifeless, yet she still looked beautiful. That's what love does to you. It's not about the looks, it's about love.

Her shoulder was bandaged up and there were tubes everywhere.

I sat down on the chair next to the bed.

"Kenzie. Hi baby. I don't really know what to say. But I miss you a lot. Please wake up. I want you to be okay. I want everything to be okay. I want to be a happy little family with you. Remember that day many years ago, when we were talking about love and how if two people love each other their love will never die? That's how it is with us. We love each other so much that even if we are apart, our love will never die or fade away. When I'm with you my whole day brightens. You make me happy. You make our kids happy, hell you make everyone happy. Your smile with your straight white teeth makes me smile. Jessica and jaxon don't even know what's going on. I feel bad because I don't know what to say. I was never good with words. Kenzie I fucking miss you like hell. A world without you is a world I don't want to live in. I've loved you for many years, and I will for many more. Just please pull through. You can do it. I need you, the kids need you, we all need you. This is all over the place, but I just want to get the message out to you. I love you. Please Kenzie, if you can hear me please try to wake up. I sound so selfish, but I need you here with me. Just like you need me. We need each other. Please wake up." I said. I wiped the tears away from my eyes, but it was no use. They kept falling.

"Please wake up." I kept repeating in a whisper almost.

___________________

Kenzie's POV

I heard everything zach said. But I can't move. I'm in my hospital room, but I'm not in my body.

My body is on the hospital bed, but I'm over here, across the room, not knowing what to do.

Then the whole room turned dark.

I opened my eyes. Zachs head was in his hands. I'm in my own body.

"Zach." I said. It came out low, but he still heard it.

He lifted his head from his hands, and was shocked.

"Kenzie?" He asked.

"It's me." I said. He hugged me and I hugged back with only one arm.

He cried.

"Zach don't cry, it's okay. I'm here." I told him. I held his hand.

"I was so scared I was going to lose you forever. I thought that I would never see you again. I'm so glad your back." He cried.

The nurse came in and looked amazed.

"SHES AWAKE! ITS A MIRACLE!" The nurse shouted into the hallway.

The doctors came in and smiled. It really was a miracle.

Who knew that you could be so close to death, but come through again. Sometimes I guess you just need someone to bring you back. Mine was zach. When he said all that stuff I finally realized what love is.

Love is the thing that pulled us together. Love makes us stronger. Love kept us together.

Jessica and Jaxon soon came in the room, and hugged me and kissed me. I'm so glad I got to see these two boogers again.

"Mommy daddy said that you might go somewhere for a long time earlier" Jaxon said to me with a tear rolling down his cheek.

"Don't worry jax, I'm not going anywhere anymore." I said smiling at him.

Apryll took them back out of the room and the doctor came in.

"So we checked on the baby, and he or she is fine. The baby wasn't harmed at all thank god. It really is a miracle. Do you guys want to know the sex of the baby?" The doctor asked.

Zach and I looked at each other. I want to know, but I want to be surprised when the time comes.

"No we want to be surprised." We said in sync.

Zach leaned in and kissed me. It was amazing. And, it was filled with true love.