56

Zachs POV

I was out grocery shopping, just like every other Saturday, and there she was. Mckenzie Lancaster. The one I loved. The one I wanted to marry. The one who I thought hated me and that's why she left. The one who left me alone when I needed her most.

I thought everything was going good with kenzie. Until one morning I woke up and she wasn't there. She left a note. She told us not to try to find her. I still tried. I just had no luck. I thought she hated me. But here she is, standing in front of me.

I asked her if she wanted to talk, but she kept saying no. Although her eyes said yes.

I had no luck, so I came home and took Ariana out to get some ice cream. And surprisingly kenzie is here too. I need to make her mine again. I still love her. I haven't been able to move on.

She has two kids now. I don't know whose they are though. For some reason I feel like they are mine. But why wouldn't she tell me? But who would've gotten her pregnant. They look around 2 and a half, or 3, that's about 9 months after she left. Which is how long she would've been pregnant. Well here goes nothing.

Kenzies POV:

He stared into my eyes once again. It's making me go nuts inside.

"Hi what's your name?" He asked jaxon.

"Jaxon." He replied smiling.

"Jaxon? That's a really cool name! I'm Zach." Zach said smiling back at Jaxon.

"And what's your name princess?" Zach asked Jessica.

"Jessica." She said looking down.

"I like that name." Zach said smiling to her.

"This is Ariana. She's my daughter. Why don't you guys go play together?" Zach said pointing to the grass area. They all got up and went to go play.

"What do you want Zach?" I asked.

"I want to get to know you again. I want you back kenzie." He said, once again staring into my eyes.

"Well I don't want to. My life is perfectly fine without you." I lied.

No. I need you in my life again. I still love you. Please, look in my eyes and see that I'm not okay. You're my missing puzzle piece.

"Kenzie please. Why did you leave?" He asked.

"I don't know. I just felt like I didn't belong there you know? I felt like Texas wasn't the place for me. But it is. I love it here. I felt like I was ruining the relationship between you and Ariana. I could never be her mother figure. Then I had this dream one night and it just set it off. So I left." I said looking down slightly ashamed of myself. Zach looked down at the table.

"I cried almost every night. I missed you so much, and just knowing that you didn't want to be with me put me in a terrible spot. You didn't ruin my relationship with arianA. You made it stronger. We all loved you." Zach said still looking down. A tear escaped from his eye.

"Where did you go?" He asked looking up at me.

"North Carolina." I said looking back at him.

"Why'd you come back to Texas?"

"I was pregnant." I said starting to get nervous. He's gonna ask who the father is. I can feel it.

"Oh. Who got you pregnant?" He asked looking directly into my eyes. Should I tell him? My eyes started to tear up, getting ready to tell him.

"You." I said. Tears fell from my eyes down my cheeks.

Zach had tears falling from his cheeks. He banged his fist on the table and stood up. He put his hands in his hair and started pulling.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He said quietly.

"Because I thought you wouldn't care!" I said getting louder.

"Why the hell would you think that I wouldn't care?! They're my kids too kenzie! You should've told me!" He said getting angry.

"Because I didn't want to go through what I went through at 14. You didn't want to support our daughter. In the back of my mind I knew that you wouldn't want to support them both. So why should i have told you? I was scared of a mistake you made in the past. And clearly you don't learn from your mistakes if you kept breaking my heart." I said getting up.

"Jessica, jaxon lets go it's time to go home." I said and they came running over.

"Please kenzie let me fix this." He said.

"No. Goodbye Zach." I said holding each of their little hands. I feel like I made the wrong decision.

I just kept walking to our car. We got in and drove home. I made the kids chicken nuggets with macaroni and cheese for dinner.

"Mommy can we play with Ariana tomorrow?" Jessica asked.

"Um I don't know Jess." I said.

"Mommy please" she said with puppy dog eyes.

"We'll see." I said.

I gave them both a bath then tucked them in bed. I told them both I loved them and that I would see them in the morning.

I went back to my room and pulled out a box from the back of my closet.

I opened the lid and there were a bunch of pictures. Pictures of me and Zach. I looked through them all and there were pictures from when we were 14, up to when we were 20. I also had many love notes from him. I picked up one picture, and it was of us kissing. Then another, where he was on my back and we were falling. It was really cute actually. I felt tears coming down my cheeks but I wiped them away and smiled.

Why be sad and cry about Zach when I can go out and get him back.

I put the box in the front of my closet, laid down, and drifted off to sleep.