Chapter 28: The Spark

"Y/N are you crazy?! Even I could barely take them down, but you don't even have your powers!" Peter exclaimed. I turned away from him.

"I'm more than my powers Peter!" I explained, turning back towards him, arms folded.

"Hell, I just escaped being strapped down to a table and killed, by myself! And I didn't have anyone there to save me, let alone being able to lean on my powers. And even though I don't need them, my powers are a part of me. So I'm going to do whatever it takes to get them back. And you can't stop me," I stated, before walking briskly down the hall. I didn't make it far before Peter firmly grabbed my arm.

"I won't try to," he told me, and a smile formed from my lips.

"But I will help you. Someone's got to keep you from your own recklessness," he said, letting go of my arm, as we both ran down the hall. I rolled my eyes.

"Where's Tony?" I asked.

"Mr. Stark? Where are you?" Peter asked.

"Uhh...inside a room, with lots of other rooms around it. I swear, between hospitals and airports I never know where I am," I heard Tony mutter.

"We'll find you. We need to find out how these guys got my powers embedded in them. Once we find the source, hopefully we can get them back," I said, and we raced down the halls together.

After a minute or so, we heard lots of commotion coming from another hallway, and turned to find Tony and Steve. Thank god.

Steve had just finished knocking out a solider, before looking my way. He gave me a nod, and I returned it. I was just glad to be near them again after I thought I would have died.

The moment was over however, when a group of men came running towards us.

"Where are they all coming from?" I asked.

"They keep coming from the same spot, but we keep getting attacked whenever we get close," Steve explained.

"Cover me!" I said, as I ran straight into the group of running soldiers.

"Y/N wait!" Peter yelled. I kept running, and the men started to form a stance, as if to block me. I took a deep breath and without thinking, dodged the first attack at me, and kept running through them. There was attack after attack from my own powers, but I just swiftly moved around them. I ducked, jumped, flipped out of there, and finally made it past them.

How did I-

But I had no time to think about it. I saw another group of men approaching, coming straight out of the room at the direct end of the hall. I heard sounds behind me, and Peter stood there at my side.

"Need some help?" he asked.

"Can you swing me into that room?" I asked.

"Yeah...yeah I think I can," he said, thinking about the logics of it.

"Don't think. Just do," I said, as I grabbed onto him. He swung us up towards the men, but we were struck down, and I was thrown behind them, and slid right into the door of the room at the end of the hall. I got up quickly and found Peter in the middle of them.

"Go Y/N!" he yelled, but I couldn't! I couldn't leave him. I turned to look at the door, and thought about it. But I couldn't.

"No!" I yelled as I sprinted towards him. My eyes witnessed a large purple glow, coming from all of their hands.

I wasn't going to make it!

"NO!" I screamed and launched myself in the air, using every bit of energy I had left, to push them away from him.

I fell back to the ground, and opened my eyes to see the sight. I was confused. All of the men were on the ground, not moving a muscle. Peter was there too, and I rushed over to him and pulled him up.

"Peter!! Oh my god. Please tell me you're okay," I pleaded.

"Y/N...you-you're powers. They came back!" he said weakly. He stood on his own, and I looked down towards my hands. There was a light violet glow coming from them, and I immediately felt stronger than I ever had.

"How-how did I?"

"I don't know," he said.

"Oh my god I hit you didn't I?!" I realized in horror.

"No no, I mean yes, but I'm okay, see?" he said. I wasn't so sure.

"We have to get inside before they send more bad guys," Peter said, determined, and I nodded.

"Mr. Stark, did you make it past those guys?" Peter asked. His question was cut short, when we both turned to see Steve, Tony and Natasha all together.

"Yeah, we managed," she said, and we stood together.

"Lets move," I said confidently.