Chapter 27: Nothing

Y/N's POV:

How am I supposed to save them?! I can't use my powers, I can't even move!

What will happen to whoever comes for me?

My powers are too strong for anyone facing an army with them.

I'm nothing without my powers. Even if I manage to escape, what then? I'll be found immediately and won't be able to stop them.

As if I'll be able to escape.

I sighed heavily and let my head fall to my left. My eyes caught sight of a clamp resting on my middle finger. I knew from a book I read that it was for the heart monitor...

Wait.

That's it! If I get this clamp off my finger, and act dead, someone will come in and hopefully untie me to do some kind of medical procedure.

I looked towards the door, as the found of faint footsteps were getting closer. My eyes narrowed at a needle laying on the tray on my right.

If I get untied, I need to inject them with it, and run.

The whole plan was too hopeful, but it's worth a shot.

Carefully, I used my forefinger to push off the clamp, and i hid it underneath my hand.

As expected, the monitor flat lined, with a solid noise. I heard the footsteps stop outside the door, so I closed my eyes and lay very still.

"Alright just one final extraction and..." I heard a voice say, as the door creaked open. Then, there was a sound of something dropping.

"No no no!" the male voice said, before rushing over to me.

"I knew the antibiotics I gave would react with whats left of the energy! She needs surgery now!" the voice said, as I thankfully heard him untying the leather straps on my arms and legs.

As soon as the last one was untied, I moved my hand to grasp the syringe, and injected it into the man's neck.

He had almost no time to react, as his shocked expression faded into a deep sleep.

Adrenaline going, I peaked out the door, to see no one around. I went back, grabbed his coat and threw it on, just in case. I briskly walked down the hallways, desperately looking for an exit sign.

I tried using my powers, but nothing more than a spark came from them. I grunted in frustration and took a hard right.

My heart dropped as I saw someone standing right there in front of me. I was ready to run, but didn't move. An overwhelming feeling of relief came over me.

"Peter?"

Peter's POV:

"Mr. Stark, these rooms are all empty! We're running out of time!" I informed him, knowing that Y/N might not have long.

"We can't hold them off, they are way too strong. Just keep looking! Our best odds right now are finding Y/N and getting the hell out of here!" Tony said, grunting as I heard fighting going on in the background.

This was going to take too long. I started running and ignoring most of the rooms, as I looked for some sort of special room, or one that was very distinct.

I heard a group of people running down the next hall, so I went inside the nearest room, and waited for them to leave.

There was no way I was fighting those guys. As I waited, I saw that this room was different. It had a table and a few chairs, and a map plastered on the wall.

"The hospital," I breathed, realizing it was a whole map of the place.

I studied it carefully and quickly, looking for any sign of Y/N. There was so many different rooms with writing of "Subject X" or so, but all crossed out.

How many people did they bring here?

My eyes finally caught one that wasn't crossed out.

"Subject 24," I read aloud. "That's got to be her."

I traced my finger to the room she was in, and it was....just down the next hall!

I ran out of there and readied myself to take a left to get to her.

I'm coming Y/N...I'm coming-

But someone turned the corner into my path.

I froze in place.

"Peter?" she asked.

Y/N. She was okay. Oh my god! She was okay!!

"Y/N?" I asked, as she ran into my arms. It felt so good for her to be in my arms, where she would never be in harms way again.

"You're okay," I breathed.

"They we're going to kill me," she said hopelessly. I pulled back and wiped a tear from her face.

"You don't need to worry about them anymore. I'm getting you out of here," I told her, and she smiled faintly. I motioned to my suit.

"I found her, Mr. Stark. She's here," I said proudly.

"Good. Is she okay?"

"Yeah, she's fine," I say, though I wasn't 100% certain.

"That's great kid. Now you two get out of here. We will try to take them down, but it's going to take a lot of power," he said.

"Come on, let's get you out of here," I told her.

"No." That caught me off guard.

"What? Why not?" I asked.

"I know my powers inside and out, and they stole them from me. We can take them down, and hopefully restore my true power," she said, with a new found determination.