Chapter 10: The Suits

"We still need to find the prototype. It's got to be somewhere around here..." I trailed off, looking around every square inch of the lab.

I came upon a wall, that was just...bare. In the middle of a lab with tech piled to the ceiling, there was a blank wall?

"Parker?" I asked, and he came over to me.

"That's...odd," he examined.

"Just what I was thinking," I said, waddling over to it as I took a deep breath.

I focused really hard, before created a dome of energy to try and open up the wall. I watched as the wall slowly started to crack open, in a straight line. Looks like I found the door.

"Woah. That's awesome," Peter said in a really cute way. We walked into the dust cloud, side by side and watched the dust fade.

When it was clear, in front of us stood 2 similar suits. Both iron. Both small-ish. But one looked like...Peter's suit! Just, in a different form. I looked to him, but he couldn't stop staring.

"Woah..." he said, getting closer to it. I looked back at the other one.

It was white and purple, without a mask that covered the face. And nothing covering the hands, either. I wasn't sure who it was for, but it felt like I had a connection to it.

I know, weird right?

We both approached the suits in awe, staring and examining the details. I had no idea what I was looking at, but it looked insane.

"I thought you didn't want us touching unfamiliar tech," I remarked to an entranced Peter.

"Nah, this doesn't count. It has my symbol and everything, so...it's basically mine," he said, and I smirked at his excitement.

"What are you waiting for?" I asked him, and he turned to me in confusion.

"Try it on!" I exclaimed.

"I-I shouldn't..." he said, and I rolled my eyes.

"Mr. Stark won't even know. But, you said it yourself; it's basically yours," I said, returning back to the suit I liked.

"I kinda like this one. What do you think P-" I started to say, while turning around, before being met with the suit as it came to life.

"W-wow," I said, looking at it. The helmet suddenly retracted, and I was met with Peter's smiling face looking back at me.

"This is...insane! It's insane I mean...look at this!" he exclaimed, and I smiled with him.

"It's really something," I said.

"Try yours on!" Peter said, encouragingly. I shifted my stance.

"It's not mine. At least, I don't think it is," I said, still a little part of me hoped that it was meant for me.

"It totally looks just like the one you wore in Berlin," he said, and I had to agree with him.

Cautiously, I stepped into the suit, and it formed around me to fit perfectly.

I tested walking around, which was simple, just like if I was normally walking.

"It's looks great on you," Peter said and I couldn't help but smile.

"Alright. So now that we are all geared up, let's go fight Hydra," I said, making my way towards the door. When suddenly, something was holding me back. I turned around to see that Peter shot a web at my feet.

"Y/N, Mr. Stark said we have to stay here! Plus, he probably wouldn't like to see us in these suits that he didn't tell us about yet," Peter explained.

"But we need to prove ourselves. I'm going, whether you try to stop me or not," I said, breaking the webs. I was knocked down, and felt Peter's weight on top of me.

"I don't think so," he whispered. I grunted and moved him away from me with a field.

"Peter, let's not repeat what happened in Berlin," I said. He got up and readied himself.

"Then don't try and leave!" he said in a worried voice. I almost felt bad for him. But I know he knew in his heart that we were the underdogs. We needed to prove to all the Avengers that we are valuable assets to the team.

"We will get our chance to prove ourselves, but when we are requested to help, we will," he explained. I sighed deeply.

I thought about it. I guess, I liked doing things impulsively. If I was going to prove myself, Peter was right; when we are requested to.

"Fine...but if I'm not recruited for the next mission, I'm going," I said firmly, and he breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thank god. I did not want to beat you again," he said smirking.

"Oh please! I could take you on any day," I sassed back.

"Yeah right," he chuckled, and we both laughed for a little bit.

"So, how do we fly in this thing?" I asked, pushing random buttons.

"Just ask your AI," he said, and I threw my head back at him.

"AI?!" I said in excitement.

"Yeah! My suit has an AI named Karen. She can basically do anything for me, you just have to ask," he explained.

"Well, what is this AI's name?"

"Ooh try Tony!" he said, and I gave him a look.

"You really think he would name the AI after himself?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Maybe. You never know til you try," he said.

"Tony?" I called out, feeling dumb for even trying. Suddenly, the suit activated.

"Welcome Y/N. I am Friday, Tony Stark's AI suit system," she said.

"So it's Friday, not Tony," I explained to Peter, who tried it out as well.

"Friday?"

"Yes?"

"Could you tell me the coordinates of Tony Stark's suit he's using right now?" I asked, and Peter whipped his head around to me.

"I'm afraid that is confidential," she explained, and I sighed a frustrated sigh.

"What? You were gonna try and find them again?" Peter asked.

"No, I was just...curious," I said. I really was.

Where did they go?