xv

After a long night of scolding and firing half of his staff, Lucifer was eager to go back up to his penthouse and relax with Ariel

    After a long night of scolding and firing half of his staff, Lucifer was eager to go back up to his penthouse and relax with Ariel. He knew she must have been bored out of her mind, so the thought of seeing her smile grow when he walked in cheered him up. Stepping on to the lift, he pressed the top floor button and waited patiently as he rode the elevator up. A subtle ding indicated that he was at the penthouse now. Lucifer smiled, waiting to see those brown waves.

    "Oh, Ariel, love, I'm back from Lux!" He called out, but there was no response. He furrowed his eyebrows, stepping into the room and looking around. He saw her phone was on the ground face down, growing his suspicions. He popped his head into their bedroom, no sign of Ariel being there. Although it seemed like someone was looking through his drawers.

    "Ariel!" He called out once more, checking every room in the penthouse. Once he concluded that Ariel was no longer here, he called Maze, even though she was just downstairs.

    "What do you need, Lucifer?" She asked, annoyed that he wouldn't just come downstairs.

    "I think Ariel's been taken. She's not in the penthouse, her phone was smashed, somebody was looking in my drawers. I need you up here as soon as possible." He hung up and immediately dialed Chloe's number.  The phone rang for a bit before she finally picked up. Lucifer skipped the formalities and got right to the problem at hand.

    "Detective, I think Ariel's been taken." He cried out, shakily pouring himself a drink. He needed something to try and calm his nerves. The elevator doors opened and Maze came rushing in, a blade in hand as she searched the apartment.

    "What do you mean? What happened?" She asked, getting up and putting her coat on. Since Trixie was staying at Dan's place tonight, she was able to be all hands in this situation.

    "I was at Lux all night and Ariel stayed upstairs to relax and then when I came up a few seconds ago she was gone. Detective, I need you to come here now." He hung up the phone and took a long sip of his bourbon, nothing happening. He had never felt this feeling of such worry before, so he had no clue how to get rid of it. Alcohol was certainly not the answer, but the devil was completely unaware of it.

    "I swear when we find whoever took her I am going to rip them to shreds!" The demon roared. The devil shook, his breathing becoming uneven. Maze notice but had no clue what was happening.

    "Is Chloe coming?" She asked him. Lucifer nodded his head yes and sat on the barstool, finishing his drink. Placing his head in his hands, the worry overcame him. He stayed silent while Maze continued to scope the penthouse and look for clues, waiting for the detective to show up. Time felt like it was passing slowly until Chloe finally came through the elevator doors. She rushed over to Lucifer, who was spiraling out of control.

    "Lucifer! Tell me everything you know." The detective shakily pulled out a notepad and pen. Lucifer was having so much trouble breathing that he could barely get a word out. He grabbed the bottle of bourbon and took a big sip, somewhat calming his nerves.