xiii

"Lucifer, what happened?" She guided him towards the bar, running to the bathroom and grabbing a first aid kit

    "Lucifer, what happened?" She guided him towards the bar, running to the bathroom and grabbing a first aid kit. She got back to the bar and opened up he box, grabbing alcoholic wipes. He had blood around his lips and coming out from his nose. The devil was so out of it that he didn't even hear Ariel's question.

    "Lucifer!" He snapped out of his thoughts and looked blankly at her. "What happened? Why are you so bloody?"

A tear rolled down her cheek and landed on Lucifer's suit. Before she started cleaning him up, she took off his overcoat and button up, checking for any cuts. Her heart dropped when she saw his body marked with purple bruises.

"The killer that... that the detective and I were trying to catch was very, umm, backed up to say the least. While the detective went and followed our lead suspect, I saw a man run inside one of the warehouses we were searching. And the thing is, when I'm around the detective I feel pain. A group of what I would say was three men came out and started beating the absolute shit out of me. They kicked and punch until they were fully satisfied and left." Tears couldn't help but stream down her face as she heard Lucifer's story. She felt so bad for him and what he must have gone through.

"Oh my, Lucifer..." She cupped her hand on his cheek and broke down. Surprisingly, Lucifer did the same, whimpering in pain. This only caused Ariel to feel even more pain, but she tried her hardest to stop crying so she could care for Lucifer. It was her job right now to make sure he was feeling comforted and taken care of. She wiped her tears away and grabbed the wipe she had on the counter, tilting his head to face her as she wiped the blood off of his nose. He winced every now and then.

"Ariel, I was so scared I wasn't gonna see you again." She looked him in the eyes and saw his eyes glistening with tears. She held hers back as she continued to wipe the blood off of his nose and off of his lips. Once he was all clean on his face, she took a Ziploc bag and filled it with ice from the bar.

"You're safe now, don't worry, Lucifer. I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere, and neither are you." She pressed a soft kiss to his forehead and cautiously wrapped her arms around him, hugging him as tightly as she could without hurting the already injured man.

"Come now, I'll bring you to bed so you can rest." She wiped away a tear from his face and flashed him a soft smile. She helped him off the barstool and guided him towards his bed. Fluffing his pillow for him, she helped him lay down. Closing his eyes, the devil moaned when she placed the ice on his chest, covering his wounds. He opened his eyes slowly and was just glad to see Ariel.

"Love, why don't you tell me about your night. It'll really take my mind off of this pain." Ariel examined how weak he was, feeling incredibly terrible for him.

"Well, funny enough, I made fifteen hundred dollars tonight." A low chuckle escaped his lips. He furrowed his eyebrows and followed his laughter with,