xi

Later that night, Ariel was getting dressed up for her date with Lucifer tonight. Our first official date! She thought. She got her overnight bag ready, putting her pyjamas, toiletries, and some clothes for tomorrow in it. Touching up her makeup, she was eagerly waiting for her date to pick her up.

    Meanwhile, Lucifer was driving down the freeway, just about to turn on to her street. He turned his signal light on and veered onto the next road. The porch light of the house was on, causing the Devil to seek it out easier. With a hand swiftly on the wheel, he pulled into the driveway, a smirk plastered on his face. He was overly excited to see Ariel, even though they saw each other earlier that day. She brought the Devil so much joy, and now that she knew he was the Devil, and was somewhat okay with that, it connected them even more. He got out of his convertible and grabbed the rose from the passenger seat, placing it behind his back. Walking up to her front door, he knocked lightly, waiting for her to open it.

    While brushing her teeth, Ariel heard the faint knock over top of her music. Oh shit... she ran out of the bathroom, toothbrush in her mouth and music still blasting loudly. Unlocking the door, she opened it to meet face with the tall, handsome man. Lucifer smirked and raised his eyebrows, looking Ariel up and down.

    "Wow, quite a pretty picture." He laughed, walking into the house. He took note of the music that she was playing and chuckled. She noticed his happiness, causing her the same emotion.

    "Sorry, I took a nap and realized I was late to getting ready for our date." Her words were muffled as she pulled her toothbrush out of her mouth and placed her other hand under her chin in case she started to drool toothpaste. With his hand still behind his back, holding the rose, he urged her to go finish getting ready.

    "Don't worry love, I'll just wait in the living room." She ran off to the bathroom and started skipping through her playlist until she found a song she liked. Lucifer admired the small house, since he never really got a chance to before. It was cozy for sure, but he knew she deserved better. Like his penthouse. He played with the rose, pricking at its thorns. Ariel walked into the living room, her overnight bag slung from her exposed shoulders.

    "What's that in your hand?" She asked, knowing fully well it was a rose. Smiling, he passed her the rose, watching her cheeks flush.

    "It's a flower for you, my dear. I know it's just a small gesture but I can assure you that there will be much more to come later tonight." He winked, enjoying the sight of her shyness. Teasing her like that was always the Devil's favourite thing to do.

    "Now, shall we head to Lux?" Ariel nodded and got her keys, locking the door behind them. They held hands until they got to the car, not speaking a word. They both enjoyed that comfortable silence.

    "As my second gesture of the night, I would like you to be the DJ. Normally the convertible works on CDs but I got an AUX cord just for you." He passed it to her, seeing her eyes shine.

    "Are you sure I can play whatever I want?" Plugging in her phone, she saw Lucifer nod.

    "That's the whole point, love." Butterflies filled her stomach and she immediately played a song by The Weeknd, her music obsession at the moment. Lucifer wasn't used to hearing music in his car that wasn't too old. It was bizarre, having a man as sophisticated in a car like his, blasting R&B with his roof down. But he knew it would make Ariel happy, and knowing she's been though a lot these past weeks, he was happy to be the one to make her feel that way.