iv

Ariel coward back, throwing her arms over her body

    Ariel coward back, throwing her arms over her body. Immediately, she started to tear up. Marcus stood above her, his fist tightly clenched to the point where his knuckles were white. Her eye throbbed and she knew there would be a large bruise.

    "Where were you?!" He bellowed, his shadow engulfing her shaking figure. Ariel looked back up at him, slowly moving her arms out of the way.

    "I was with my friend..." She whispered. Her stomach was churning and she felt as if she was gonna throw up. Marcus sighed deeply, closing his eyes and de clenching his fists. He stomped off, grabbing Ariel's phone off of the couch.

    "Explain this to me, now." He held the screen in front of her face, and she could feel her stomach drop when she saw what it was.

Lucifer😈

Lucifer😈
Hey, love, thanks for lunch!

Me
Yeah ofc, no problem! Did you see when I almost dropped that tray of glasses? 😂

Lucifer😈
Oh believe me, I did! I was quite worried for a moment. Glad you didn't drop them.

Anyways, seven tonight? I'll come pick you up, and I'll text you when I'm on my way :))

Me
Sounds good! Sorry, but I gotta get back to work now ://

Lucifer😈
Don't be love, i've got to go now anyways. See you tonight ;))

    Ariel bit her nails, feeling completely stupid. Based off of what Marcus saw, it looked pretty bad. Even though her and Lucifer were just friends, Marcus would never believe her. Her arms slowly lowered and she looked up at Marcus, his angry expression continuous.

    "Answer the question!" His voice rang loudly in her ears, causing extra discomfort to this already uncomfortable situation. She looked down in disappointment.

    "He's just a friend..." he scoffed, reeling his arm back for a punch, his fist clenched tightly. Her arms instinctively went to cover her head and she felt the hard pressure of his fists slamming against her forearms. She winced in pain and waited until he was done berating her with physical violence. Her muscles throbbed at the pain.

    "Bullshit! It doesn't matter because I told you not to go out with any guys and you disobeyed me! How am I supposed to trust you when you pull stunts like this? How do you think it makes me feel?" She looked back up and met his eyes, bringing her arms down again. It never dawned on her to think about how Marcus would feel. She felt the tears start to travel down her cheeks. Her head hung low and she sighed deeply, feeling a big wave of regret wash over her body. Marcus sighed, kneeling down and placing his fingers under her chin, pulling it up.