vi

The devil carried Ariel in his arms, walking into Lux

    The devil carried Ariel in his arms, walking into Lux. The club was empty, thankfully. He propped her up on the bar, her feet dangling off the sides. He pulled a first aid kit out from one of the cabinets under the bar. He grabbed an alcohol swab, rubbing it on her busted lip. She winced, closing her eyes shut and gripping the counter.

    "Is there any other place you're feeling pain, dear?" Ariel nodded, slowly touching the back of her head. She looked at her fingers and saw a little bit of blood.

    "The back of my head is bleeding..." Lucifer knit his eyebrows and walked behind the bar. Pushing away some of her hair, Lucifer found where the blood was coming from.

    "Hmm, it's not bleeding too bad. Love, I think our best bet is to get you into a shower, and then I'll clean you up. You probably feel all dirty anyways." Ariel nodded, about to jump off of the bar, before Lucifer put her back in his arms, carrying her bridal style. They both remained silent. Ariel enjoyed being held by Lucifer, just as much as he enjoyed carrying her. Lucifer walked them both to the bathroom. Once there, he put Ariel down, explaining how his shower worked.

    "Just turn the faucet to the right and it should get hot. And you don't need to worry about wasting the hot water. I've got an endless supply." He passed her a towel, waving before walking out of the bathroom. She went towards the door and locked it, just to make sure nobody would walk in on her in the shower. She removed her clothes, examining herself in the mirror above the sink. She had bruises all over her face, mostly around her eyes. They were on the verge of swelling up. Did Lucifer actually see me like this and not get grossed out? She thought, walking into the shower. She froze as she turned the faucet on, waiting for it to get warmer. The water ran down straight, like rainfall. Ariel enjoyed it, soaking up the warmth.

    Meanwhile, Lucifer was on the couch, his feet propped up on the table. Sipping on his drink, he pondered for a while. The only thing on his mind was Ariel. Well, that and punishing Marcus even more than he had. But before his thoughts could completely corrupt him, the elevators opened. Chloe walked in, a pen and notepad in hand.

    "Hey Lucifer, I'm here to ask Ariel some questions." Lucifer put his drink down, getting up. They both sat at the bar, while Chloe looked around for Ariel.

    "Oh yes, she's just in the shower. I'd certainly need one." Chloe nodded, eyeing Lucifer up and down. He was tensed up, not in his usual relaxed state.

    "Are you okay Lucifer? I know seeing her like that could affect you and make you feel bad but-"

    "I'm fine, detective. I don't need you to explain my feelings to me. I'm just worried for her is all. What if she's haunted by this? How am I supposed to help her with that?" He sighed loudly, grabbing his drink from the coffee table and sitting back down at the bar.

    "Well, you can't understand what she's been through but you can definitely be there for her. If ever she needs to talk to you or vent or whatever, you'll be there to provide. And if that doesn't work, you have a therapist you can go ask." The detective suggested, causing Lucifer's eyes to light up. She was right, he could go visit Linda whenever he wanted and get some advice, but for now, he was gonna try it his way and see if things worked out.