xii

The next morning, Lucifer had woken up before Ariel

The next morning, Lucifer had woken up before Ariel. He didn't expect the least, considering how exhausted she was last night. He looked over her to see if she was awake. Soft, even breaths escaped her lips, so the devil just assumed she was still sleeping. His lips pressed against her cheek and he got out of bed, putting on a pair of boxers and sweats. He walked into the living room and was happy to see his dress shirt sprawled across the coffee table. He turned the TV on and started switching through channels, getting bored instantly. He turned the TV off and decided to go down to Lux. But I don't want to leave Ariel behind... he thought.

    He walked towards the bar and grabbed a pen and paper, writing a message to Ariel. He put it on the bedside table, looking at her one more time before he walked out of the room and into the elevator. He rode it down until he was on the first level. The doors opened and he stepped out, watching as Maze was opening the bar.

    "Good morning, Mazikeen!" The devil exclaimed. Maze looked at Lucifer, rolling her eyes and going back to cleaning.

    "What did I do now?" He sighed, walking to the bar. He sat down in the chair across from Maze. She gave him the stink eye and pointed to his overcoat.

    "You gave me the night off last night so you could have sex at Lux? The night after Ariel runs out you're already back to your selfish, womanizing ways. I can't believe you Lucifer." This only made him laugh.

    "Mazikeen, why don't you look at those two drinks on the table by the dance floor? If you're such a good bartender, tell me what they are." She squinted her eyes and walked out in the middle of the club. She picked up both drinks and sniffed at the almost empty one.

    "What is it?" She asked, eyeing Lucifer up and down.

    "Take a sip."

    Meanwhile, the sound of the elevator doors woke Ariel up. She stretched her arms and legs, rubbing the tired out of her eyes. She looked behind her, sad to see Lucifer wasn't there. Although she did notice a note on the bedside table.

Dear Ariel, my sweet love, I didn't want to wake you since you were asleep so soundly. If you're reading this and I'm not upstairs in the penthouse, you can find me downstairs in Lux.
-Lucifer Morningstar

She admired his handwriting and looked around the room to make sure no one was there. She folded the note and placed it back on the nightstand, getting out of bed and grabbing Lucifer's satin robe. The fabric felt like Heaven against her bare skin. Ironic. She walked into the living room and giggled at Lucifer's dress shirt on the coffee table. She looked through her overnight bag and found a pair of slippers. Sliding them on her feet, she went to the bathroom, fixed her hair and rubbed the crust out of her eyes. In the note he said he was downstairs, and that was Ariel's next stop. She clicked the button for the elevator and made her way downstairs. Before the doors open, she could hear the sound of Maze's voice.