v

A few days after Lucifer and Ariel's phone call, the devil hadn't heard from her

    A few days after Lucifer and Ariel's phone call, the devil hadn't heard from her. He was starting to worry about Ariel. Was she safe? Was she even alive? The night was beginning, meaning that Lux was starting to get full. Lucifer looked over towards the bar, seeing Maze pour drinks for the party goers. The devil sighed, thinking of something to do to get his mind off of Ariel. He walked over to his piano and thought of a song to play. Immediately, his fingers started to press on the keys and the club went silent. The music faded into silence and Lucifer began to sing the words.

    "I found a love, for me. Darling just dive right in, and follow my lead." He instinctively closed his eyes and let the music play, the emotions flowing through the lyrics. He could feel all the eyes in the club on him, people stopping their conversations to watch him play his nightly song. It was a notorious act, some that drew people to the club even more.

    "Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms. Barefoot on the grass, we're listening to our favourite song." His focus was on the piano keys, making sure he hit the right notes at the right time. The only time he looked up at the crowd was to see who was paying attention. With a quick glance, Lucifer could see that everyone was turned to him. This only boosted his confidence more, ending the song to be met with a sea of applause.

    "Thank you, I'm here all night!" He walked away from the piano and towards the bar, now that Maze wasn't busy. She noticed him coming near and started to pour him a drink. He leaned up against the bar and she passed him the drink.

    "Where's your little girlfriend?" She asked, arranging some of the bottles underneath the bar. The devil rolled his eyes, shaking his head and sipping his drink.

    "I told you Mazikeen, she's not my girlfriend. We're friends. And I'm not sure, she's not here." He tapped his fingers on the marble counter he was leaning up against. Maze popped up from the bar and took a quick gander, raising her eyebrow.

    "Are you sure, isn't that her right there?" She pointed behind Lucifer, who quickly turned around to see those light brown waves. His eyes lit up, but he immediately frowned when he saw someone holding hands with her. Maze held in her laugh, tapping Lucifer on the shoulder. His eye never left Ariel though, watching as the two of them sat in a booth.

    "Lucifer, is that-"

    "Yes, Maze! I believe it's her boyfriend, Mark." The two of them ignored everything else around them, looking at Ariel and Marcus. They were both so intrigued, that when Ariel got up to go to the bathroom, they gasped.

    "Want me to go into the bathroom and talk to her?" Maze offered, shivering at the thought of making small talk with a human. The devil shook his head no, getting up from his seat.