Winter Hits

No one realized how close to fall and winter we were until it hit hard. Amy tried to keep track, and according to her, it was earlier than it should have been. They were still in Georgia. Walking across an entire state is not easy or fast to do.

Glancing up at the night sky, (M/n) lifted a hand and watched in shock as a snow flake fell onto his warm flesh, melting away almost instantly.

He begins to panic. 'Snow!? We are not ready for snow!'

He turned around and left his post. They had stopped in a small clearing for the night. Rick and (M/n) were walking laps around the perimeter, passing each other every 5-10 minutes.

When the group came into view, he immediately rushed over to Glenn.

"Glenn!"

Glenn yelped and tossed his cup into the air. They both watch as it soared into the air as if in slow motion, the dark, warm liquid splashing out and onto the ground. They both stare at the spill in shock before Glenn shot a glare toward the other man.

"(M/n)! That was my one cup of coffee allowed a day." He pouted and picked the cup up, frowning at the ground.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to startle you so. You can have mine in return." (M/n) awkwardly rubs at the back of his head before shaking himself back on track.

"Did we pass any houses within the last few hours before we set up camp?"

Glenn tilts his head and nods. "Uh, yeah. I think we passed one an hour or two before. Why?"

Just as he finished, it began to storm, as if coming out of the wind had picked up and it was beginning to snow.

Not a second later, Rick was at their sides. "Pack up, we need to find shelter fast."

The group begins to hussle and rush to pack before they begin moving.

"We need to get to that house before the snow begins to accumulate."

Frowning (M/n) released Eren's hand and picked him up. (M/n) met Ricks eyes, and he followed (M/n)'s lead, picking Carl up. It would be faster that way. The group had decided to jog for as long as they could. The snow was not melting and was at nearly an inch already.

Shifting his grip (M/n) could feel the weight of the bags on his back and his child clinging to his front. He asked the group for a quick pause to rearrange his boy.

They had lost their last vehicle a couple of weeks ago. Gas had become too scarce. They had to carry their stuff now.

The group had been forced to cut back and leave things behind. They had only essentials. A few small tents, a sleeping bag each, food and water, weapons, toothpaste with no tooth brush (they didn't want to waste water cleaning them so they had to use their fingers, better than nothing), and three sets of clothes (warm weather clothes, cold weather clothes, and regular. Everyone had a coat as well.)

Eren shivered and burrowed further into (M/n)'s coat. Daryl caught his sons movement and took off his coat, leaving him in only his sweater. (M/n) opened his mouth to protest, but Daryl just shook his head and used his coat to cover (M/n)'s front, tying the arms behind his husbands back. He pressed a quick kiss to (M/n)'s forehead before they both take off in a jog once more.

It took longer than the group had thought it would. But in a few hours, they were able to reach the small cottage. It didn't look very big at all. It would have to do.

Glenn cheered as we went inside. "Score! Fire place!"

Rick began barking out orders. "Glenn, keep watch for a moment. Won't have to be for long. With the weather, nothing will be moving around out there." He turned towards Daryl and Hershel. "Daryl, Hershel, collect anything we can use as firewood. Furniture included."