Disaster

A/N: Okay, so I actually kinda like Lori. Yeah she can get annoying, but she was a good mom and I can't blame her for sleeping with Shane when all the shit hit the fan, but in this story, she didn't sleep with him. She denied him. It is hinted that he tried and she refused, but it isn't said flat out in this chapter. Enjoy! 

Chapter 5- Disaster

Lori sat in Merle and Daryl's tent as she carefully cleaned off (M/n)'s face. She really liked the young man. He got along well with her son and she knew Carl needed a nice role model in his life.

She smiled down at (M/n) and brushed some hair out of his face. He was pretty. She felt like he shouldn't be in a world like this. No body should.

She sighed and looked down at the bruise forming on the males jaw. It must have hurt like a bitch. Ed shouldn't have gotten so violent. Now she knew where Carol and Sophia got all of their bruises. She had to inform Rick when he came back.

Lori shook her head and went back to mending (M/n)'s face. He was beaten pretty badly by Ed, but she could tell that he was a Dixon. And Dixon's were pretty tough.

"I-Is he gonna be okay?" Lori looked up and over to where Carl was sitting. He and Eren were snuggled together under one of the sleeping bags, Eren watching them silently as he gnawed on his sleeve. She gave a half smile and nodded.

"Don't worry buddy, he's pretty tough. He'll be just fine." She assured her boy and Eren.

Carl looked around and out the window to make sure no one else was near by before he nodded. "He told me a secret mom. Said it was our little secret. Apparently he is Eren's real mom. Gave birth to him and everything. Doctors don't know how. But don't tell him I told ya!" The boy smiled as he looked at his mom.

"Do you like (M/n)?" Carl asked randomly. Lori was shocked. She looked down at the man before her and slowly nodded her head.

"Yeah, he's a pretty good man." Lori looked over at Carl and then to Eren. "How are you guys getting along?"

Carl beamed at his mom before looking down at Eren. "He's very quiet. Hasn't cried yet. Only speaks occasionally. We get along really well. Right Eren?" He paused and waited until Eren nodded before frowning a little. "How come Shane doesn't like Them? He said some mean things, got in a fight with (M/n), and then kept glaring at them. He called Eren mean words too."

"I'm not sure bud. It's just how Shane is."

'Shane better keep his grubby hands off this family, and out of their business. He's done enough damage to this group. He already tried to destroy mine.' Her thoughts traveled around, thinking about how hard it was having Shane hovering around her and Carl before Rick came back. He wouldn't leave her alone.

Carl's voice dragged her back and she faced her son."Daryl had the same look on his face when Shane talked bad about Eren and (M/n). That's why I really like them both. They care about others... Well at least (M/n) does. Daryl cares more for just (M/n) and Eren!" He smiled brightly.

Lori opened her mouth to say something when (M/n) groaned. Lori's head shot back over to him and she smiled again. "L-Lori?"

Lori smiled and nodded. "I'm here."

He smiled and cracked his eyes opened a bit. "Ugh, I hurt all over."

Lori's smile turned into a sad one and she shook her head. "You shouldn't have riled Ed up. He shouldn't have done that though. Stupid bastard." She whispered under her breath as she wiped some blood off of (M/n)'s forehead.

Carl's mouth dropped opened. "Swear." Eren whispered causing Carl to let out a small laugh.

(M/n) let out a hoarse laugh also and turned his head slightly towards Eren and Carl. "Hey baby. How ya doing?"

Eren shrugged and started to tear up. "Papa, ya hurt."

(M/n) smiled sadly at him. "Papa's alright baby. I'm fine." He rests a hand over his and squeezed it softly. He clung to (M/n)'s hand and sniffles, wiping his nose and burying his face into Carl's chest.

"And you Carl?" He asked him.

"Good! Amy and Andrea went and caught a ton of fish! Everyone's eating right now."

(M/n) smiled. He hadn't even noticed it was dark. "They back yet?"

Carl frowned and scooted closer. "No..." He looked down at Eren and lightly began to rub his back. Eren let out a small laugh as he did. "but they should be back soon, right mom?"

Lori smiled and nodded. "Should be back any time now."

He looked off towards the door and noticed a few people glance over at the tent every once in a while. (M/n) chuckled.

"I have everyone worried don't I? Where is Ed?"

"In his tent resting. Damn bastard."

After a bit of convincing to Lori, (M/n) was allowed to go and sit at the fire pit with the rest of the group. Carl sat beside her as he and Eren watched the fire silently.

The group had asked how he was doing and were actually concerned. A few jokes were passed around and the group was laughing and having a good time. Other than his jaw, ribs, and fist aching, he was fine.

"I'm going to go pee." Amy announced as she stood up to go to the RV. (M/n) let out a laugh only to clutch his ribs in response. Lori started up a conversation with Eren as he slowly opened up to her like he did with Carl.

"I gotta go too." (M/n) stood up and slowly made his way towards the RV. He was just about to open the door when Amy beat him to it. Amy smiled at him and moved to the side as she shouted to the rest of the group about being out of toilet paper.

(M/n)'s heart froze when a walker grabbed onto Amy's arm. He reacted fast. He pushed Amy into the RV and kicked the walker away from them. His mind shouted for him to save Amy. Amy reminded him of his sister. If she died.... (M/n) knew it would destroy both him and Andrea.

"Shut the door!" He shouted to Amy as he stumbled backwards. He watched as Amy did what she was told. Luckily the walker that noticed them had its full attention on (M/n).

"Papa!" Eren screamed for the first time since the world went to shit.

(M/n) could hear people screaming as a large group of walkers attacked the camp. He heard Lori and Amy shouting his name as he fell onto his back. His brain screamed at him to find Eren and make sure his child was safe.

The walker that attacked him pinned him down. He grunted as he tried to hold it away from him by its neck. His ribs groaned in protest and he fought. He was slowly loosing strength as he tried to keep the snapping jaws away from his flesh.

(M/n)'s eyes widened in shock and pain as the walker sank its teeth into his shoulder. He let out a scream as it clamped down tighter. Tears streamed down his face as it dawned on him. It was the worst pain ever. To have a zombie tear its teeth into you. It was more painful than child birth. And that fucking sucked healing after surgery.

'No... Please no.'

His eyes squeezed shut in pain.

'I've been bit!'

This peaceful night just became a blood bath.