The Truth & Decisions

A/n: Short, but it's here. Enjoy!

Chapter 15:

Third Person POV:

"So, you're saying that me and my son are the only hope this world has to get back to normal? Why didn't you tell us!?" (M/n) shouted angrily. He stepped out from the tent and advanced slowly towards Rick. Carl and Eren followed groggily, wiping at their eyes from having just woke up.

Rick ran his hand over his face, sighing out loud. He looked around at what was left of their group. They had lost a lot of good people.

"Look, I know keeping this to myself was a bad idea. I should have told you, but I-" A fist collided with Rick's chin, his head veering to the side. He wiped away some blood from his lip and nodded, his eyes meeting (M/n) 's. "Alright, I deserved that, but I only had the wellness of this group in mind. If I told you, we most likely would have fought over what to do. Stay alive, or get you to that island."

Lori stepped forward, placing her hand on (M/n)'s shoulder. "I believe I can speak for every one of us, that we want the world the way it was, or at least better than it is right now. I say we go to the island." She spoke, glaring right at her husband. "How could you betray our trust that way?"

Rick clenched his fists. "Like you betrayed me by sleeping with my best friend!?" He roared. "How do I know that baby is mine!?" He yelled, pointing at his wife's stomach.

"How dare you! Yes, he tried after we thought you were dead, but I pushed him away, said no. This baby was made the night you got back. Don't turn this around on me." She sighed in exasperation before pinching between her eyes. "We will speak about that later. Right now, we need to get this cure, and if that island is our best bet, I say we go." She hissed. "Let's vote."

Rick glanced around at the people he called his family. "The island might not even exist! How can we go out, risk everything, to find something that might not be there?"

Lori opened her mouth to speak, but T-Dog cut her off. "How can we not? No matter what, we are risking our lives. The world isn't the same anymore, and if it can go back, why not try?"

Hershel gently eased the man back down. "Easy, you're still recovering from that cut." He turned towards Rick, "My daughters and I, we agree. The island is our best option at saving this world." He glanced over at his two girls. They nodded in agreement as they clung to one another.

Rick glanced one more time at (M/n), and the man nodded to his leader, agreeing as well. "Fine. Those who are for the island raise your hand."

Glenn stepped forward. "We don't need to vote, we're all in, right guys?"

Rick glanced around to see the group nodding. Lori, Daryl, (M/n), T-Dog, Glenn, Maggie, Beth, Hershel, Carl and Eren, all nodded, even though the boys didn't even understand what they were nodding too.

"Then we head west. We have quite a few states we need to cross, and I know we won't get there before winter hits. We need gear. We hit any small towns we come across and avoid larger ones and cities. Alright?"

The group gathered closer to the fire, the tension slowly easing. "Who have we lost?" Rick asked.

Glancing around the group, he sighs. "Carol, Andrea, Amy, Patricia, Jimmy... Shane... Too many. Alright, get some sleep. At first light, we head to the nearest town west of here. Glenn, let's go set route. Do you still have that map?"

(M/n) sighed softly as he settled down near the fire, Eren curled up at his side with Carl right next to the small boy. Daryl sat down, throwing an arm around his smaller husband.

"You really want to do this, (M/n)? This island might not even exist."

(M/n) turned his face up, kissing just below Daryl's chin. "We have no choice. If the cure is in my blood like Jenner said, we need to get to that island so they can make it." He whispered, lips brushing against his husband's throat.

"Alright, but no one is touching you or Eren when we get there. At least, not without me or one of the others in the room with you." Daryl muffled out.

(M/n) smiled and closed his eyes. "Deal."