Despair

Chapter 13: Despair

It's been almost three weeks since we arrived at the farm and a lot has happened.

Carl was better after a few days of rest and was able to walk around as long as he was careful. He and Eren barely left each others sides.

Daryl had gone out searching for Sophia alone and came back beaten and battered. He had taken one of Hershel's horses, and something spooked it, and the horse threw Daryl from its back and down into a deep ravine. One of his bolts got lodged in his side, went through and through. The stupid idiot pulled it out. He could have caused more damage, but it did save his life from being eaten by a walker.

Carol had come onto my husband. She tried to be secretive about it, but both Daryl and I could see her intentions. I had to have a long conversation with her, explaining why my husband gave her that flower. It wasn't because he liked her romantically. He gave it to her to ease her mind off of Sophia. Carol has been on my nerves lately, especially when we found out Sophia was in the Greens barn.

She had been turned into a walker, and it hit both Carol and Daryl pretty hard. Carol blamed me for not doing anything. Daryl had distanced himself from the group... From me... From our son. I knew he was upset. He would be back soon enough. He just needed time.

My wound was healing nicely. It was still pretty tender, but the scabs stopped tearing and bleeding. I didn't need to have it wrapped up anymore. Now, whenever I wore a tank top, you could plainly see the nasty looking bite from under the tanks strap.

Right now, I am currently checking over T-Dogs arm and Carl's gunshot wound. Both were healing up very nicely as well.

"There. Now, all that's left is keeping it clean until it's fully healed. Both of you." I smiled.

T-Dog smiled at me and walked back towards his tent to lay down. Carl looked up at me and smiled. I turned over to Lori, who smiled shamefully at me as I gazed over the cut on her forehead.

"I'm sorry. No one would go to town to check up on them, so I went myself." Lori looked down at her hands.

I looked around before whispering. "Are you crazy though? What about your baby? You could have hurt it." She smiled sadly and held onto her stomach. She had told me yesterday that she was pregnant and had asked for my help.

"Do you think Rick will be happy?" She questioned.

I shake my head. "I have no idea. If this world wasn't like this, I bet he would be, but I honestly don't know. But I'm here. I'll make sure you both survive, Lori, so tell him."

She hugged me. "Thank you."

I pulled back and took out a disinfectant wipe from my bag. "Now let's clean you up."

...

"Let me get this straight. You saved this boy, Randal, and want me to perform surgery on his leg, only to kill him after?" I question.

Rick nods. "It isn't decided if he will die yet."

I frown. "Rick, his people tried to find out where we were, then tried to kill you. Do you really believe that the people in our group, besides probably me, Dale, and the kids, want him alive?"

Shane grunts. "She has a point, Rick. For once, we actually agree."

"For the last time, I'm a male, just as you are, Shane!" I growl angrily.

"Knock it off, both of you." Rick orders as he rubs his face tiredly. "We will vote on it as a group."

"We'll vote soon. I'm not doing the surgery until he is, for sure, not going to be killed. I will not waste the supplies. I'll wrap it up so he doesn't bleed to death, but that's it." I announce softly.