any Mummers 'lowed in

Start from the beginning

The others started dancing around, tapping the floor with, what looked like, very badly decorated mops, with boots on.

Matty kissed Bill's cheek, laughing.

"Welcome to Tuckamore Bay, my love. Best get your ass in gear and get some beer on the go."

She grabbed his arm and dragged him toward the kitchen, where two cases of beer were on the table.

"What the fuck is that?" Bill half laughed.

He stood in the doorway to the small kitchen, watching the festivities in his living room.

Matty put an open twelve pack of Molson Canadian in his arms.

"That, my love, are the Mummers."

"What are Mummers?"

"They are the mystical folk that appear every Halloween hight and go house to house, offering music and dance, in trade for a cold beer."

"What are those mops?"

"That be their ugly sticks. They ward off evil spirits and make a lot of obnoxious noise."

Bill laughed

Bill laughed.

"Evil spirits? They would be busy in this village."

The Mummers started chanting, "Beer. Beer. Beer."

Matty slapped Bill on the ass. 

"You best be going and handing out them beer, me son."

Bill went from Mummer to Mummer, opening a beer and passing it to them.

Each one responded by slapping his shoulder and shouting, " Tanks, me son."