Chapter 28

"AHHHH" I screamed on the top of my lungs, a pain in my leg hurting like a fucking shithole.
"KATE! COME BACK HERE OR I WILL SHOOT YOU IN THE GODAMN HEAD!" I heard Cameron boom, Jack stepping in front of me and holding my hand. Even though my leg was shot I could still stand up. I saw Cameron running down the sidewalk towards us. I started freaking out with Jack as cool as a cucumber.

"Jack do something?!" I screamed. Cameron came closer every time i blinked.

So I ran.

Leaving Jack behind. He saw me running away and ran after me. The love of my life was on my tail but I wasn't even running away from him.

Jack caught up with me and soon as his hand grabbed my shoulder a boom rang through the air. Jack fell back. Did he get shot?

"JACK!" I screamed stopping and running to him. He was on the floor holding his shoulder. His face filled with horror. I looked back and saw Cameron running towards us.

"Jack you have to get up." I cried. Tears falling from my eyes. He nodded and slowly got up and I started running with him. He ran with his shoulder back. Cam was close to us, and Jack stopped. He turned around and tackled Cam to the floor.

I screamed and Jack strangled Cameron, the gun not. In Cams hand anymore but was 2 feet away. I ran to it grabbing it and walking over to Cam. I pointed the gun to him.

"Jack get off him" I said.

Cam laid there looking for at me. He kept looking at the gun in my hands. I backed away a little. Further making sure not to be too close. Jack stood behind me, now taking the gun from my hands. Well my shaking hands.

Sirens came blaring across the street and Jack put the gun on the floor, just far enough so Cameron wouldn't get it.

Cam was bleeding from his nose and his throat a deep red. His eyes dropped. Probably fainted. The police men came out the car and ran toward us.

"Ma'am please come with us. You too." he said to me and J.

"Yes sir." I swallowed. The lump in my throat growing.