𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚢

JACK

"Honeymaren!" Ryder quickly ran up to his sister when we got there. She didn't hesitate and hugged him as well.

"I'm back." She said with a smile as they pulled away.

Right after that the other people started to notice the new face that joined us. What followed was a bunch of excited kids giving their beloved babysitter a group hug.

"Honeymaren!" They all exclaimed in unison before they began bombarding her with questions like is she okay, hurt or other varieties of that.

"I'm fine, thank you. All of you." She kneeled down to their level to give one of them a head pat with a smile.

"Great job on finding her." Elsa suddenly spoke up beside me, startling me a bit.

I laughed. "It's more like she found me actually." I told her, finally facing the person talking to me even though she herself was looking at the celebrating bunch's direction.

Elsa was smiling, but it didn't seem like she was happy. "Hey, we'll find your sister next. I'm sure of it." I told her.

After saying that she finally faced me, the same smile she had earlier didn't leave her face. "Thank you."

***

Since we already found Honeymaren, there wasn't any reason for us to split up. The only thing we had to do was find Queen Anna.

"We'll be going then." Elsa said as she waved them goodbye. "Be safe, we'll be right back before the sun sets." She added.

"You aren't taking the Nokk?" I asked.

"Well, I was thinking maybe I could try going around with Gale's help too." Elsa said with a shy smile. Gale seemed to like the idea since the wind twirled on her playfully.

"Wait really?" I looked at her surprised.

"I know Nokk is fast and all but I just thought with Gale's help it'll be faster than going by land." Elsa explained. "Though I will be needing your help trying to keep myself from falling."

I smiled widely and held out my hand. "Then just like last time, don't let go of my hand." I told her.

She looked at me, nodded then took my hand. Gale slowly picked us up and before we knew it we were flying.

"Where to fifth spirit?" I asked her.

"Down south, towards Arendelle. She couldn't have gone far if she went by foot. I already checked until Oaken's." She said. I felt her grip on my hand tighten.

"You heard her Gale, down south!" I said enthusiastically in hopes of making her feel less nervous.

I looked over to her direction to check how she was doing. She had a determined face, i was honestly expecting her looking really worried but I see that I was wrong.

Well, I do keep hearing that she's one strong woman, both she and her sister are. Man, what am I even here for?

"What? Is there something on my face? Is my hair super messy because of the wind?" Elsa asked, using her other hand to hold her hair.

"No, i-it's not that. You're just amazing actually." I stammered.

"Oh, uh thanks." Elsa said with a smile.

I looked away for a bit cause I could feel my cheeks starting to get hot. I tried to look at her again but I felt flustered at the thought of our eyes meeting. In the end I just looked at our intertwined hands.