𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚛

JACK
°

"I was right wasn't I?" Anna gave us a huge grin.

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows and turned to Elsa who was now red as a tomato. I suddenly remembered last night when Elsa and I gave our confessions to each other. 

She loves me. Can you believe it? Elsa, this amazing wonderful brave smart gorgeous woman. I feel like I'm forgetting an adjective to describe her more. She's just... she's everything. What did I do to get her to feel that way towards me?

"When are the wedding bells going to chime?" Anna nudged Elsa playfully.

"Wedding bells?" My eyes widened and turned to Anna. 

She laughed hysterically, letting out a snort occasionally. "You should see your faces." She said, barely being able to talk because she ran out of breath from all the laughing.

"We're not-"

"I know, I know. Too soon." Anna rolled her eyes. "I'm just kidding. Learn to lighten up Elsa." She said. 

"I knew that." Elsa said defensively, though her very red cheeks and ears says the contrary. Wait, did she think?

"Sure, Elsa." Anna gave her a look. 

Elsa then cleared her throat. "Did you come here just to tease us?" Elsa raised an eyebrow, her hands crossed in front of her.

"Oh, right. I was gonna tell you Kristoff and I are gonna head to the Arendelle Castle for a bit to grab some supplies. We are getting a little crowded around here." She said. I followed both their eyes. They're right, now that the Northuldrans are here too, there are more people we need to tend to.

"I'll come with you." Elsa instantly stepped in.

As an instinct I also stepped forward. "Me too." They both looked at me. "I could help carry more supplies. With the wind's help." I added, sounding a bit nervous.

"Actually Elsa, I'm gonna have to ask you to stay here. Help the Northuldrans and Arendellians get to know each other." Anna said. "But Jack I'd appreciate the help."

Hearing that Elsa would stay made me both relieved and a bit disappointed. I'm glad she'd be out of harm's way but I was kind looking forward to going out with her.

"We'll go after breakfast." Anna waved goodbye. 

"Okay, I'll be right at the entrance." I said, waving as well.

"You're not joining us for breakfast?" Elsa asked.

"Oh, I kinda don't really have to eat?" I scratched the back of my neck.

"Right." Elsa nodded. "I kinda forgot." She laughed.

There was a short awkward silence when we both didn't know what to say or do. We already finished the task we were doing earlier so we didn't have anything to distract us.

"Oh, I have to get something." Elsa stood up from her seat suddenly. "Wait right here." She said running of to somewhere.

Was that just a way to get out of the awkward silence? If it was, that was genius.

A few Northuldrans passed me on their way to the massive ice table Elsa made for the food to set down to. They all greeted me with a smile, some kids would wave at me hello, and the amount of people that asked me to join them was surprisingly high. 

I was starting to think Elsa went ahead and ate breakfast with everyone until she came back to where I was almost out of breath.

"Sorry I took so long." She panted.