𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚒𝚝

J A C K
°

"Tooth, North told me you needed help?" I looked over to the Toothfairy fluttering around the place. She was murmuring something under her breath.

"Tooth?" I called her again, knocking on one of the pillars to catch her attention.

"Oh, hi Jack. I didn't realize you were here." Tooth finally looked my way. "Do you need anything?" She asked.

"No, I thought you needed my help?" I asked confused.

"What? I don't think there's any help that I need at the moment." Tooth paused.

"Maybe something I don't know about? North was the one that told you to go here right? Did he say anything about it? Is there another emergency? Are we getting new guardians?" Tooth excitedly fired one question after another.

"Woah woah, one question at a time. I did not get all of that. But one thing I do know is that there is no emergency on North's side." I explained. "In fact he probably just told me to come here so I don't mess with the yetis again." I laughed.

"Phew. That's a relief. Though I guess he would've just used the signal again if that were the case." Tooth said.

"Signal?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, you know, the Aurora Borealis." Tooth explain, fluttering her way back to where she was when I first saw her. I just followed behind.

"That's the Guardian's signal for emergency?" I asked.

"More like for a meeting. We had them when you were chosen." Tooth said excitedly.

"Which reminds me, how is it being a Guardian?" Tooth asked.

I shrugged. "Same-y but also different-y? It was fun when it was the first few weeks of spring and snow was still there but now it's mid-summer and I can't even go to Jamie's." I said.

"Oh don't worry. You'll meet them again next time. How long's it been? A few months?" Tooth asked.

"Yeah, and I have to wait a few more months to be allowed to go back there." I ranted.

"Well on the bright side, you're still allowed on cold areas." Tooth said trying to cheer me up.

"Oh, and look at this." She said grabbing one of the tooth boxes. "This is from one of the children in Burgess. In his memory I saw Jamie and you in it. Jamie's spreading the word about you! Isn't that great?" She said excitedly.

"Yeah, that's awesome. More people to see me." I said. "That tooth box sure is handy for making people remember things huh?" I said scanning the room.

"Yeah, it's an honor to be the Guardian of Memories." Tooth said with a proud smile.

"Which reminds me, one of my MiniFairies told me about a small town in Norway where they were talking about the river full of memories." Tooth said.

"I haven't heard of it before, which for the Guardian of Memories, sounds like something I should've known." Tooth said.

"A river full of memories." I paused. "Sounds interesting."

"Right? We should got here sometimes. I could trust my Minifaries to keep this place running while I'm off for a research mission." Tooth said.

"Well, I'm always free during no snow days so I'd love to come with. Why not?"

***

The place felt awfully familiar. Despite the fact that I've been quite literally around the world, this place has always left me with the sense of familiarity.