𝚊 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚒'𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚗

JACK
°

"I am nowhere near home and you are not helping me. Thanks a lot wind." I said, sarcasm dripping from every word.

The wind blew hard on me. "Fine, be like that." I muttered and another harsh wind passed me.

"I'll walk! okay!" I shouted, hands up in the air.

It's dark, I see no signs of civilization, not even a tent, and I can bet no one actually lives here therefore no one could possibly know of me here. Just what I needed. Great.

Like 100 something years of being alone and unseen wasn't enough, the wind blows me off to an uninhabited winter island where I can just wallow in despair.

"A few moments in here I hear a voice then no one is there. Delightful." I began ranting once more. I find it's a nice way to pass the time when you don't have anyone to talk to, which in my case is plenty of time. Talking to myself has become a habit though I think it's a bit unhealthy considering that I'm actually talking to the wind.

But, then again I am basically a spirit that no one else sees. Well, other spirits are an exception like the Sandman.

I crossed paths with him multiple times. Sometimes I travel with him, but there are places he goes to that I'm not really welcome at.

According to Sandy, there are places where snow isn't really a common thing and that if I went there and brought some it'll be huge trouble. As much as I am tempted to visit those places, I respect what he said. The man's been around the world multiple times, can't argue with that.

In my 100 years here I've only been to at least... all of the places he's been to except where I shouldn't be.

Well, I guess I already technically traveled the world halfway, maybe even more than that.

My train of thought was then interrupted when the wind hoisted me up the sky and sent me back where I was 30 minutes ago. The very spot I started walking on. I can even see some on my footprints here, slightly blown off by the wind but still visible.

I sat down and groaned. "Why... did you do that?" I glared at nothingness while gritting my teeth. I don't really know where to stare but I am technically looking at the wind.

And as a reply, I just felt another gush of wind pass through me. "Well, if you're going to be like that I'm just going to stay here." I said, sitting more comfortably on the pile of snow.

There was no reply from the wind this time. I guess that answer satisfied it. If it just wanted me to stay, it should've told me before I walked for 30 minutes only to be flown back to where I started.

So far, this has not been my best day.

***

I unknowingly fell asleep earlier, which was unusual since I don't really need sleep. Naps, I take when there's nothing going on, but never have I ever took a nap so long that it was morning when I woke up.

"Wind, did you fly me to somewhere I don't know I again or is this the same spot?" I asked. Of course I don't expect an answer from the wind but it helps kill time.

"Hello?" I heard someone call out.

"Wind? Is that you?" My eyes widened and immediately looked around.

"Gale?" The same voice called out.

"Gale?" I repeated, only mine was a confused tone.