𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎

J A C K
°

Nothing is here. Just rocks. A whole bunch of rocks.

I sighed. "Guess that what I get for believing on this." I stared at the paper.

I really thought there would be something here. After one magical creature after another, rock people wouldn't be the weirdest that I'll have seen today.

"Come on Elsa, give me more clues." I muttered.

Then I heard a rumble. Like rocks rolling on the ground. I looked up from the paper and saw it. The rock person.

At this point I was just too shocked to react.

"It's Jack Frost." It said.

"Jack Frost?" One by one the round rocks turned to a rock person. I felt myself fall over when the rock I was sitting on transformed.

"Jack Frost!" One of them said excitedly. "Nice of you to drop on by here. How have you been?"

"Uh." Was the only thing I could think of saying at the moment.

"Oh right, we should reintroduce ourselves." They huddled up. "Alright one, two, three and-"

They started to hum. Oh no, I see where this is going. "Singing rock people." I blurted out.

"Well, we're usually referred to as trolls but whatever floats your boat I guess." The rock- or should I say troll, said.

"Yeah I was actually wondering if Grand Pabbie was here? You I saw this letter from Elsa saying he can help with my memories?" I asked.

They paused. There was a long, sort of uncomfortable, silence paired with them exchanging looks.

"Is uh... Grand Pabbie here?" I asked, to break the silence.

"Oh! Yes he is, he is. Wait here. I'm Bulda by the way. Make sure you remember." Bulda said before, quite literally, rolling off.

I then sat back down. "So, Jack Frost right?" A small troll went to me. "I heard a lot about you." It said.

"Really?" I asked, clearly surprised.

Am I known around these parts? Do people believe in me here or am I just visible to them because they're magic?

"Yeah, the elders tell a lot of stories about you." It said.

"What kind of stories?" I asked.

The it began to tell a tale that was not really familiar to me. Maybe I was an expression here too, just like how Jamie's mom referred to me.

I don't really know much about this place, much less know the monarchs here personally. Fighting alongside the king and queen sound like something you'd tell a child.

"We're back." Bulda said. Behind her was an old looking rock, its moss a plenty and the straws on its face creating the illusion of a beard.

"Grand Pabbie?" I asked.

"I've been expecting you for quite some time." He said. From the sound of the voice, he does indeed sound like someone of the Grand Pabbie title.

"Are you here to retrieve your memories?" He asked.

"You can give them back?" I asked back.

"Not exactly. But I do know a way to help about it." He said.

***

How long has it been? Years? Decades?... Centuries?

She's long gone isn't she?