~29~

AURORA ODINSDOTTIR

"What's everything thinking?" I asked, trying to break the silence, and Natasha looked defeated.

"Well, where do we go from here?" Nat asked, making me sigh, looking at the conference room table, my hands in my lap.

"I have no idea."

"I say we try to make the best of it." Steve said, but I could tell he was trying to convince himself too.

No one was okay.

"We keep living our lives." He continued, and I nodded in agreement.

"We can keep fighting these unknown forces, just on a lower level scale." I added, making Rhodey nod along with me.

"It looks like we're going our seperate ways for now." He said, and Carol abruptly stood up.

"I need to restore balance to the other planets, so I'm going to go. Goodbye." She said, turning around.

"Goodbye." I bid her farewell, and we silently watched her walk out of the room.

Knowing her was short lived.

"I'll take Quill's ship, hopefully I can help others out there, somewhere." Rocket said, and we stayed silent while Nat just nodded.

"That's a good idea." Rhodey agreed, standing up.

"I'll walk you out. I need to talk to some people." He said, inviting Rocket to get up too, which he did.

Rhodey went to say bye to Pepper, staring sadly at Tony who was still unconscious, and we said our farewells to Rhodey and Rocket before they left.

"And what shall we do, brother?" I asked, but Thor just stared at me.

"You know what we need to do, Aurora."

"That sounds ominous." Nat commented, but I just shook my head.

"No, not at all, I know what we must do."

"We need to find a place for our people to stay." Thor said before I could, and Steve nodded.

"Sounds like a good plan to me."

"There's something I need to figure out." Bruce said, standing up and pushing his chair in, putting his jacket on.

"I'll see you soon, guys. This isn't goodbye." He said, making me smile and pull him in for a hug, which he happily returned.

"Take care, Bruce." I smiled, and watched as he hugged Nat and Steve before leaving.

"Steve and I will stay here and do some damage control while you two figure out where to rehome your people." Natasha said, making me nod in agreement as Thor stood up, looking at me.

"Good luck." Steve said, extending his hand for Thor to shake, but my brother pulled him in for a hug.

"Thankyou, for everything." Thor said, pulling away and hugging Nat.

"Anytime." Steve said, and Thor gave me a sad smile, but a smile nonetheless.

"I'll be outside." He said, leaving the room, and leaving me with Steve and Nat.

"Could I borrow one of your cars?" I asked Nat, who nodded, handing me some keys.

"From Asgardian Princess, to real estate agent." I joked, and Natasha hugged me tightly.