~12~

AURORA ODINSDOTTIR

AURORA ODINSDOTTIR

"This feels strange." I admitted, looking at my dress in the mirror.

It was a lot more simple than my usual, extravagant gown, and a lot more skin than in used to was out in the open.

"That's the point." Natasha chuckled, looking at me through the mirror.

"This one shows off your hips, gives a little leg. It looks incredible on you."

"You really think so?" I asked, and she nodded happily at me.

"Absolutely."

"If you think so, I'll wear it." I smiled, and she gave me a quick hug.

"I'm glad, let's head down to the party, yeah?" Nat asked, and I agreed, watching her slide her dress on and walk to the bedroom door.

"Ready?"

"Yeah." I breathed out, smoothing over my dress and walking through the doorway and down the stairs to the party.

"Well, you know, the suit can take the weight, right?" I heard Rhodey say, so I waved farewell to Nat and walked over to him, where I found Thor, Tony and Maria.

I pulled Thor in for a hug, and he happily hugged me back while Rhodey continued his story.

"So I take the tank, fly it right up to the General's palace, drop it at his feet, I'm like, 'Boom! You looking for this?'" Rhodey said his punchline, but no one laughed.

"Boom! Are you looking- Why do I even talk to you guys? Everywhere else that story kills." Rhodey sighed, and Thor looked at me, then at Rhodey.

"That's the whole story?"

"Yeah, it's a War Machine story." Rhodey said, and I smiled.

"Well, it's very good then." Thor praised, and I nodded in agreement.

"It's quite impressive." I smiled, and Rhodey rolled his eyes.

"Quality save." He laughed, looking at Tony.

"So, no Pepper? She's not coming?"

"No."

"Hey, what about Jane? Where are the ladies, gentlemen?" Maria asked, and I smiled while Thor looked at me.

"My sister's company is more than enough."

"Aren't you kind, brother." I smiled, and Thor gave me a smile back.

"Well, Miss Potts has a company to run."

"Yes, I'm not even sure what country Jane's in. Her work on the convergence has made her the world's foremost astronomer." Thor said, and I looked at Rhodey.

'Uh oh.' I mouthed, and he laughed.

"And the company that Pepper runs is the largest tech conglomerate on earth. It's pretty exciting."