~31~

AURORA ODINSDOTTIR

AURORA ODINSDOTTIR

Five Years Later.

"I'll be back a bit later, my love, I just want to check on Thor." I said to Steve, who nodded, leaning in for a kiss which I happily accepted.

"Alright, let me know how he's doing when you get there." Steve smiled, and I returned the gesture.

I love how close they are.

"I'm sure he'll appreciate knowing how much you care about him." I responded, and Steve seemed happy with that.

"I just want him to be okay." He said, sighing at the thought of what the world had become since the snap.

"I'm sure he will be, if not now, then eventually." I kissed Steve's cheek, and I felt his shoulders relax.

"I'll see you soon." My boyfriend said, making me nod.

"Alright," I smiled, giving Steve a quick kiss and grabbing my keys.

"See you later."

•••

STEVE ROGERS

The second I heard the door close behind Aurora as she left, I called Nat, and she picked up after a few rings.

"Hey Steve, what's up?" She asked, and I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

"Nat, have you got everything?" I questioned, anxious, and I heard her scoff on the other line.

"Yes, the same response as the other five times you've asked me." She said, and I half heartedly laughed.

"I know, I'm sorry, I'm just really nervous." I admitted, and looked at the clock.

Not long to go, now.

"It's going to be fine, just call Thor." She said reassuringly, but before I could respond, she spoke again.

"I'll be at yours soon."

I nodded to myself, thanking her, before hanging up and calling Thor.

"Steve?" I heard him ask as he answered, and I smiled to myself.

"Hey Thor, there's something I really need to ask you." I said, tapping the counter repeatedly, but it didn't do anything to ease the fear in my heart.

I hope he says yes.

"Of course, what is it?" He sounded curious, and I cleared my throat, trying to seem confident.