~24~

STEVE ROGERS

"So we gotta assume they're coming back, right?" Rhodes asked, and Wanda nodded.

"They can clearly find us."

"We need all hands on deck." Bruce said, looking at Nat.

"Where's Clint?"

Admittedly, I did want to know how they were all doing, and I was delighted to know that Bruce was okay, but my mind was fixated on Aurora.

I haven't heard from her or Thor in two years.

She promised she would come back if we faced an Avengers level threat, and this definitely qualifies, so where is she?

"After the whole Accords situation, he and Scott took a deal. It was too tough on their families, they're on house arrest."

"Who's Scott?" Bruce asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Ant Man." I answered, making him look surprised.

"There's an Ant Man and a Spider Man?" He asked, shaking it off and looking at all of us.

"Okay look, we need everyone we can possibly get." Bruce said, and I nodded.

"Have you seen any of the others?" I asked, and Bruce gave me a sympathetic look.

"I haven't told you about my two years away." He said, and my heart began beating faster.

"What happened?"

"I was the Hulk for almost all of it, but when I was myself, I was with Thor and Aurora."

I froze in my place, and he smiled sadly.

"They saved me, really."

"What happened." I demanded, and Bruce shook his head.

"They aren't coming back."

"Bruce, what happened?" Nat asked, and I sat down, putting my head in my hands, the tears beginning to fall freely down my face.

"Thanos decimated their ship, they killed almost all of their people, they killed Loki." Bruce said, and I refused to look up.

"I was sent down to New York before I could see what happened to Thor and Aurora. They were the only two people left alive, but they were bound to the floor, they were crying. Thor was beaten and bloody, Aurora's throat was hoarse from screaming. I'm sorry."

My heart tore in two when I heard it, and I began sobbing.

Nat wrapped her arms around me, looking at Bruce.

"But they were alive, right? That means they might have escaped."

"Maybe, but I don't think so." Bruce sighed, turning to me.

"I'm sorry, Steve."

AURORA ODINSDOTTIR

Eitri was showing Thor, Rocket, and Groot the mold for Thor's new axe.

"This is plan? We're gonna hit him with a brick?" Rocket asked, and I chuckled a little, shaking my head.