~28~

AURORA ODINSDOTTIR

AURORA ODINSDOTTIR

I sat next to Steve and Thor on the ship, taking Steve's hand in mine and squeezing it softly, knowing he was nervous.

"Okay, who here hasn't been to space?" Rocket asked, sitting in the pilot seat, and I watched as Nat, Steve and Rhodey said their hands.

"Why?" Rhodey asked, making Thor and I trade a side smirk.

"Just try to relax." I said reassuringly, and Rocket scoffed, turning to look at my friends.

"You better not throw up on my ship."

"What?" Steve whispered, and I squeezed his hand.

"Why would we throw up?" He asked, making me lean over and kiss his cheek to calm his nerves.

"It'll be okay, just squeeze my hand if you're uncomfortable." I smiled, and my boyfriend nodded, shifting in his seat, looking nervous.

"I'm here for you." I whispered, and Steve smiled softly at me.

"I know, you always are."

"Approaching jump in three, two, one!" Nebula announced, and I felt the ship jump forward into a wormhole, and the pressure on my hand double as Steve grasped on for dear life, staring out into the void.

"It's okay, you're okay." I soothed him, and eventually the ship slowed down, hovering in the orbit of the planet we thought Thanos was on.

"Not so bad, right?" I asked, and Steve shrugged, his breathing rapid.

"I'll get used to it eventually."

"If things go well, you won't need to." I commented, watching Carol stand up.

She jumped off the ship, floating to the front windows and looking at us, making me look at Thor in bewilderment.

"She really is quite powerful, Thor." I whispered, and he nodded in agreement.

"Yes, she is."

"I'll head down for recon." Carol said, and I made myself more comfortable, taking my hand away from Steve's, placing it on his leg instead.

He let out a small sigh, making me relax a little, knowing he was okay.

Or, as okay as he could be, given the circumstances.

We were about to see Thanos again.

"This is gonna work, Steve." Nat said, breaking the silence, and my boyfriend nodded.

"I know it will." He said, looking at me and smiling softly, but I could see the underlying fear in his eyes.

"Because I don't know what I'm going to do if it doesn't."

"It will work, darling." I said, and before anyone could say anything else, Carol approached the ship, looking confused, and on guard.

"No satellites, no ships, no armies, no ground defenses of any kind." She said, making Thor look excited.