~22~

AURORA ODINSDOTTIR

I woke up on a table, with a group of creatures surrounding me.

"Woah!" I yelled, sitting up and backing away from them, and a few of them raised their hands in defence, showing me they weren't going to harm me.

"Where is my brother?" I asked, and the human approached me.

"There's more survivors than just you?" He asked, and I nodded.

"My brother, please, we have to find him." I pleaded, trying to keep myself together, and he nodded, moving to the pilot seat.

"Groot, put that thing away. Now. I don't wanna tell you again." He warned the tree creature, who didn't respond.

"Groot."

"I am Groot!"

The group let out disappointed yells, and I placed my hand on my chest.

"That's some colourful language, Groot." I scoffed, and they all turned to look at me.

"You can understand him?" The raccoon asked, and I nodded.

"Of course."

He gave me a surprised expression, turning to look at Groot.

"Ever since you got a little sap, you're a total d-hole. Keep it up, and I'm gonna smash that thing to pieces!" The racoon yelled, but we were interrupted by Thor landing on the window.

"That's my brother!" I exclaimed, and they quickly got him inside, laying him on the same table I had previously slept on.

"How the hell is this dude still alive?" The man asked, and the blue creature scoffed.

"He is not a dude. You're a dude. This is a man. A handsome, muscular man."

"I'm muscular." The man responded, sounding offended, makin me chuckle a little, placing my hand on Thor's while he slept.

"Who are you kidding, Quill? You're one sandwich away from fat." The raccoon said, and Quill crossed his arms over his chest.

"Yeah, right."

"It's true. You have gained a little weight." The blue creature said, pointing to his chin and stomach.

"What? Gamora, do you think I'm-" Quill started, but Gamora seemed disinterested, instead, turning her attention to Thor.

"He is anxious. Angry. He feels tremendous loss and guilt." The Mantis creature said, and I nodded.

"You would be correct, are you an empath?" I asked, making her nod.

"It's like a pirate had a baby with an angel."

"Wow. This is a real wake-up call for me. Okay. I'm gonna get a Bow-flex. I'm gonna commit. I'm gonna get some dumbbells."

"You know you can't eat dumbbells, right?"

"It's like his muscles are made of Cotati metal fibers." Gamora said, touching Thor's bicep, and Quill looked annoyed.

"Stop massaging his muscles."

She complied, and he turned to look at Mantis.

"Wake him up."

"Wake." She whispered, placing her hand on my brother's forehead, and he immediately sat up, throwing himself off the table.

"Aurora?" He asked, and I nodded, pulling him in for a hug.

"Who the hell are you guys?"

•••

"The entire time I knew Thanos, he only ever had one goal, To bring balance to the Universe by wiping out half of all life. He used to kill people planet by planet, massacre by massacre-" Gamora said, and Drax interrupted.