~9~

AURORA ODINSDOTTIR

AURORA ODINSDOTTIR

•••

"Loki."

"Hello, mother. Have I made you proud?"

"Please, don't make this worse."

"Define worse."

"Enough!"

"I really don't see what all the fuss is about."

"Do you not truly feel the gravity of your crimes? Wherever you go there is war, ruin and death."

"I went down to Midgard to rule the people of Earth as a benevolent god. Just like you."

"We are not gods. We are born, we live, we die. Just as humans do."

"Give or take five thousand years."

"All this because Loki desires a throne.
Loki: It is my birthright."

"Your birthright was to die as a child. Cast out onto a frozen rock. If I had not taken you in you would not be here now to hate me."

"If I am for the axe, then for mercy's sake, just swing it. It's not that I don't love our little talks, it's just, I don't love them."

"Frigga is the only reason you are still alive and you will never see her again. You will spend the rest of your days in the dungeons."

"And what of Aurora? What of Thor? You'll make that witless oaf king while I rot in chains?"

"This has nothing to do with Aurora. She and Thor must strife to undo the damage you have done. They will bring order to the nine realms and then, yes. Thor will be king."

•••

"The infection, it's defending her."

"No, it's defending itself."

"Come with me. There are relics that predate the universe itself. What lies within her appears to be one of them. The Nine Realms are not eternal. They had a dawn as they will have a dusk. But before that dawn the dark forces, the Dark Elves, reigned absolute and unchallenged."

•••

"Aurora, this is Jane Foster."

"I've heard a lot about you, Jane."

"I've heard quite a bit about you too, pleasure."

"The pleasure is all mine, welcome to Asgard."

•••

"If and when he comes, his men will fall by ten thousand Asgardian blades."