~40~

AURORA ODINSDOTTIR

AURORA ODINSDOTTIR

"I can't breathe, I can't breathe! I can't breathe!" Rocket cried out, and I coughed up the dirt in my lungs, rubbing my eyes to try and figure out where I was.

"Canopy. Canopy. Canopy!" Rhodey exclaimed, and was able to squeeze out of his War Machine suit.

God, please let Steve and Thor be okay.

"Rhodey, Rocket, Aurora, get outta here!" Bruce yelled, and I crawled over to Rocket to try and get him free, with Rhodey by my side.

"It's stuck!" I cried out, and Rhodey grabbed a rebar as leverage, trying to lift the debris off Rocket.

"Hurry up! Hurry up! Come on!" He exclaimed, and after some grunting and pulling, we got Rocket free, sighing in relief.

"Rhodey!" Bruce yelled, and my heart lurched at the tone.

It was a warning.

"What's wrong?!" I shouted back, but the question was answered when a food of water hit us, engulfing me in the tide and making me scream in surprise.

"Mayday, mayday! Does anybody copy?" Rhodey yelled into his earpiece, and I coughed up water.

"We're in the lower level, it's flooding!"

"What?"

"We're drowning!" I exclaimed, fear prominent in my tone, and Rhodey grunted.

"Does anybody copy? Mayday!"

"Wait! I'm here! I'm here, can you hear me?"

"See you on the other side." Rhodey sighed, and I felt the tears fall down my face as the space filled up with water.

"It was good knowing you, boys." I said, and before the water completely engulfed me, I pressed my earpiece.

"Thor, Steve, if you can hear me, I love you both, so much." I stuttered out, and I felt the water fill my mouth.

"Hang on! I'm coming!"

I can't wait much longer.

"Hey, Cap, you read me?"

Is that Sam?

"Cap, it's Sam. Can you hear me?"

Oh my god, it worked.

"On your left."

I saw Scott slide through some debris in his tiny form, and heard the pounding of thousands of feet above me.

Is everyone back?

"Is that everyone?"

Stephen.