"Please take care of Thor." She whispered, and I smiled.

"I will." J said, pulling away.

"He's hurting, more than he ever has, but he has me. I hope that's enough, but I think he'll be okay eventually." I reassured her, and turned to Steve.

"I was really hoping we wouldn't have to say goodbye again." He sighed, but I shook my head, resting my hands on his cheeks while he placed his on my hips.

"We aren't saying goodbye, I'm saying I'll be right back." I smiled, and he nodded, kissing my forehead.

"No more going to space for me, I'll come back soon, and we can talk about what to do." I said, making Steve look at me, confusion on his features.

"What do you mean?" He asked, and I blushed, taking his hands in mine.

"I was hoping we could find a place, just the two of us." I whispered, and I saw a sparkle in Steve's eyes as he pulled me in for a hug, kissing my temple.

"That would be a dream come true."

"It would." I agreed, pulling away from him and lightly kissing his lips.

"Until then." I said, squeezing his hand, and Steve kissed my nose, resting his forehead on mine.

"Until then, my love."

•••

"We'll call it New Asgard." I said, pulling Thor in for a hug while our people got settled, and Thor nodded.

"It will have to do."

We had spent a few days looking around for land big enough to accommodate the remainder of our people, and eventually, found a cliffside village.

"Are you going to stay here?" I asked, making my brother nod, grabbing a beer.

"Where will you go?" He asked me, and held up his hand.

"With Steve?"

"Yeah." I smiled, making Thor return the look.

"Promise you'll visit?"

"Of course." I scoffed, pulling him in for a hug again.

"You'll always need your big sister." I joked, making Thor smile a little.

"Yes, I will."

"I'll see you soon." I said, waving farewell to my people and getting in my car, beginning the trek back to my boyfriend.

I quickly dialled his number, and he picked up almost immediately.

"Darling?" I heard Steve's voice, and my heart fluttered at the sound.

"Angel." I responded, and I heard him chuckle a little bit.

"How did it go?" He asked, and I ran my hand through my hair, looking at the road ahead.

"It went well. Thor and I found some land, our people are settling in, and I'm on my way back." I answered.

"I'm so happy to hear that, love." Steve responded, but before I could say anything, he spoke up again.

"How are you both feeling?" He asked, making me smile.

He cares, so much.

"Thor is still struggling, I think we both are. He's trying to settle in, but I'm excited to see you." I said honestly.

The truth is, no one was feeling good, and no one was expected to feel that way.

"I'm excited to see you too." Steve responded, and I blushed a little.

"How are you? Have you been looking at apartments?" I asked, and Steve cleared his throat.

"I'm alright, and I've found a few I think you'll like. I'm heading to the compound if you want to meet me there?" He suggested, and I smiled to myself, feeling loved.

"That sounds lovely." I said, and my mind ran to the others.

"How is Tony?" I asked, but Steve sighed, making me feel worried.

"He and Pepper left yesterday, they're going for the quiet life in the woods."

"I'm happy for them, that seems like it's what's best for him." I commented, and Steve agreed with me.

"Is Nat still at the compound?" I asked, keeping my eyes forward.

"She left, but she's back and on a conference call with Rhodey."

"I'll make sure to say hi." I said, and we fell into a comfortable silence.

I drove back the rest of the journey making small talk about how things have changed, until I got back to the facility.

"I'm here, see you in a minute." I said, hanging up the phone before Steve could answer, walking through the doors.

I was immediately enveloped in a hug, feeling my boyfriends arms wrapped tightly around me.

"I missed you." He whispered in my ear, and I lightly kissed his lips, wrapping my arms around his shoulders.

"I missed you too."

"Nat left before you got here." Steve said, putting me down while I brushed some hair out my face.

"That's okay, I'm sure I'll see her soon." I smiled, and he nodded, taking my hand and leading me to the couch.

"Ready for some apartment hunting?"

"Absolutely." I giggled, sitting on Steve's lap while he put the laptop on my thighs.

"Please never get up." Steve said, kissing my shoulder, making me smile.

"I'll have to, eventually."

"Look at this place." He changed the subject, scrolling through photos with one hand, and placing the other on my knee comfortingly.

"One bedroom, two bathroom, kitchen, living room."

"That looks nice." I commented, and Steve nodded in agreement, pulling up photos of another one.

"One bedroom, one bathroom, kitchen, living room, study area."

"We don't need two bathrooms, plus a study room is nice." I gave my thoughts on it, and Steve chuckled.

"Wait until you see this last one." He said, pulling up the images to the final apartment.

"One bedroom, one bathroom, kitchen, living room, and a balcony with a seating area that looks over the city." Steve said, and I gasped.

"That one, let's get that one."

"Then it's decided, we'll get this one." Steve said, sending in an expression of interest, promptly closing his laptop and kissing my cheek.

"Are you ready?" He asked, and I looked back at him, confused.

"Ready for what?"

"This." Steve laughed, grabbing my waist and pinning me to the couch, kissing all over my face while I giggled and threw my arms around his shoulders.

"You're so cute."

"Nowhere near as cute as you." He smiled, kissing my lips softly, and I pulled him in for a hug.

"I really hope we get this apartment." I said, and Steve hugged me back tightly, kissing my temple.

"There's other options if we don't, but I hope we do too."

"Should we throw a small housewarming?" I asked, and Steve shrugged.

"I'm not sure if everyone is in the right mindset for that, but we could have Thor and Natasha come over for dinner and drinks?" He suggested, making me smile.

"And Bruce? I'd hate to leave him out." I said, and Steve nodded.

"Whoever wants to, is more than welcome."

Steve sat up, and I followed him, sitting next to him and resting my head on his shoulder while he placed his hand on my thigh, giving it a gentle squeeze.

"That sounds lovely."