"Charlie I'm sure if he asked you to come to be with him, it would be because he wanted to be with you" she said with a warm smile.

Without thinking I started laughing at her response causing her to raise her eyebrows at me. Her statement, as sweet and comforting as it was, made me remember that I never told her that Austin chose another girl over me without knowing I had a baby. That was proof enough to me he'd tell me to come out for the wrong reasons.

"Oh right, I almost forgot to tell you the most important part Mom. He's got a girlfriend. Yeah. He's had one now for a little over a year. He hid her from me for 6 months and then finally called me and said he chooses her over me" I said laughing and nodding my head. My voice filled with scorn, resentment and anger.

"Oh honey" my Mom said rolling her head to one side.

"Yeah so if everyone still thinks that Austin is madly head over heels in love with me and would tell me to come out to LA so we can start our happy family in a yellow house with a white picket fence, I hate to inform you all that you've never been more wrong. As for me telling him about his child, I'll do it when I'm fucking ready" I said loudly suddenly hating the fact that Austin was the reason I got mad at my Mom who was doing nothing but trying to help.

I looked over my shoulder to see little Austin playing with his blocks in the corner, his gaze going to the TV every now and then before I felt comfortable enough to walk off to my bedroom.

I ran up the stairs and down the hall to my room, slamming the door behind me as I crashed on the bed. I cried for a little bit, more angry then sad before pulling out my phone. I scrolled through my IG feed when my heart dropped out of my chest. There was a picture of Austin and his girlfriend inside of what appeared to be a hotel. She was wearing a hunter green bodycon dress with black heels.

Austin was wearing a Cowboys jersey and a pair of light wash jeans, a pair of white vans on his feet. His hair was in tight braids a gold Rolex decorated his wrist and several gold chains hung heavily around his neck. His lips were pressed firmly against his girlfriends head who had her hands resting on his chest, his hands resting just above her ass, a big smile on her face.

I shook my head as tears started to fall from my eyes. Despite my feelings, I was happy that he seemed so happy and she looked like a nice girl. But try as hard as I could, I couldn't ignore the feeling of what was left of my heart starting to break leaving my body hollow, cold and empty as I sadly realized any chance I had with Austin had been stolen by her.

I quickly exited out of instagram and googled Justin's US tour dates. I saw that he was in Louisville for his show tonight. I looked at the time to see it was 11. I wasn't sure if he would be up, thinking he had partied the night before, but I sent him a text anyway.

Charlie
Hey Austin. I just heard your new song on Beats 1. It's absolutely amazing. I knew you could do this. Can't wait until your on your own tour. Everyone is going to love you. Wish you the best tonight.

I sent the text out to him and put my phone on my bedside table as I buried myself under the covers and cried myself to sleep.
——————
Carly's POV

I hated seeing her like this. I had thought by now she would've let it go, let him go, but she still held on to her love for him stronger than ever. It broke my heart to see my normally up beat, smiling and carefree daughter in so much pain everyday of her life as I watched her cling to her son as her last connection with the man she loved who was slowly drifting away from her.

I quietly wiped at my own tears that were clinging to the soft skin under my eyes, as I put my coffee cup in the sink and walked over to my Grandson playing happily on the floor.