52

Tharn sighed deeply, licking the melting ice cream from the cone in his hand. "It's nerve-wracking. He says that I shouldn't be worried, but I can't help it." 

"If Type says they'll like you, you should believe him. And I don't really see a reason for them to not like you. You treat their son like he's the only thing that matters in the world."

"He kind if is to me." Tharn admitted.

Eve smiled, not being able to hold it back. "What do you like about Type, exactly?" 

Tharn scoffed and shook his head. "You expect me to sit here all day with you?"

"Okay, fine. What are a few things you like about him." 

"Hmm." Tharn tilted his head to the side with a gentle smile. "I like that he's brave. He's one of the nicest people I've ever met, but he won't ever take shit from anyone, even me." He chuckled softly. "I like watching him take photos. He gets in this little space, his little own world, where nothing can deter him. I like when he kisses me. I know he means it when he does. I like when he watches me play. It feels amazing having the person you're in love with watch you do what you love and love watching you do it. I love his smile when he looks at me. I love when we're laying down and I wrap my arms around him. Even though he's the one in my arms, I feel safe and right."

"You really love him, don't you?" Even asked, smiling at him. 

She didn't need him to answer, though. She could see on his face that he really did. 

"Yeah. It's crazy. I've never been in love before, but I know that's what this is. It has to be."

"I'm happy for you guys. Though all I feel is tons of jealousy when I see the two of you together, when I'm apart from you guys it makes me happy." Eve smiled wide and rested her head in her free hand. "Speaking of Type, when does his class end?"

Tharn glanced down at his watch. "He should put already, actually."

"Talking about me?"

The two of them turned and looked up Type, who was smiling down at them.

"As a matter of fact, we were." Tharn wrapped his arm around Type's waist and pulled him to take a seat next to him.

"I hope I'm not to late."

Tharn shrugged. "It's okay. I still have about twenty minutes before I have to be in class."

"Good. I'll walk you to the campus."

"Thank you so much for taking him off my hands." Eve joked, standing up from her seat. "I'll catch you guys later. Have fun."

They each said their goodbye and set off in their separate ways.

Tharn walked with his arm around Type's waist. Type had stolen his ice cream cone and had almost finished it by the time they reached Tharn's campus.

"I'll head over to the cafe near here. I can work on some school work and you can just pick me up when your class is over. Okay?"

Tharn nodded. "Deal." He leaned forward and placed a gentle kiss on Type's lips. "I'll see you after class."

Type smiled as he watch Tharn walk into the building. He couldn't drop the smile even when he disappeared, though.

His heart was beating a bit fast in his chest, and in his stomach little butterflies fluttered around.

As he walked the rest of the way to the cafe, he pulled out his phone and dialed his mother's number. She answered after only three rings.

"Nice of you to call again, my son."

Type chuckled softly. "It hasn't even been that kind since I last called. Quit being dramatic."

His mother scoffed on the other end. He could imagine her rolling her eyes. "Well sorry for missing my son who is hundreds of miles away."

"Speaking of that. I was actually thinking about coming home at the end of the week. I don't have classes Thursday or Friday, and none on the weekend. I could fly home a stay for a a day or two."

His mother gasped. "That would be great. Your father and I would love to see you."

"Um, well, it wouldn't be just me."

"What do you mean?"

"I was thinking of bringing Tharn. I think it's time that you guys meet." He told her.

"That's even better. I'm gonna tell your father. We've got work to do."

"Mom, it really isn't that big of a deal. Don't do too much. I want him to feel welcomed, not scared." Type told her.

She laughed. "Oh come on. We won't scare him. I'm sure your father would just want to clean up the resort a little."

"Fine. But I'm serious. I really like him, mom. Like a lot."

"Okay, baby. You just focus on school now and we'll see you guys this weekend." 

"Okay. I love you."

"I love you too, baby. Bye." 

Type hung up the phone and stuffed it back in his pocket.

Today had been one of the first days in a long time that Type felt truly, truly happy. And he had Tharn to thank for that. 

Of course, like most good things, it had to come to and end. 

Type was stopped in his tracks when Mix stepped into his path. 

"Type," He spoke. "I think we should talk." 

----------

Mix had walked the rest of the way to the cafe with Type, but neither of them had talked until they were seated inside. 

"It's a bit to late now, but I guess 'I told you so' is still up for grabs." 

Type chuckled and shrugged. "I would like to say I'm not that kind of person, but I told you so. So, what are you gonna do about it? You wouldn't come to me just to tell me that you've realized how terrible of a person he is."

"I went to police, actually."

"What?"

"I filed a report. It probably won't come out to anything, but it might scare him away from doing in with the next one that comes along." Mix told him. 

"What did you report him for?"

"Battery. If you were to come forward too it might help the case." 

"Come forward and say what? That I let him do that to me for all those years? Besides, it doesn't matter to me anymore. Sure, he needs to pay for what he did, but I would rather forget all about Sam and have him out of my life for good. It was going pretty okay until you showed up actually." Type let out a sigh and sat back in his seat, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I didn't come to argue. I came to apologize and tell you about the police report." Mix stood from his seat and sighed deeply. "Call me if you change your mind." He set a piece of paper with his number written on it in front of Type before disappearing out of the cafe as well.

Type sighed and leaned forward, resting his head on the table.

The beating of his heart and fluttering of the butterflies were now gone.

__________

Thoughts on this chapter?