49

Type looked up at the night sky, leaning his head against Tharn's shoulder.

After dinner, they had moved outside to the backyard, sitting on the patio and talking.

Type didn't really get in on the conversation. He sat next to his boyfriend and every once in a while they would drift off to their own little world.

Really, Type just enjoyed being there. Being included in things like this. He hadn't been home in a while so he missed his family and he never really spent this much time with Sam's family.

"Why don't you play for us now?" Tharn's mother said, patting her son's knee.

"I'll got get you guitar." Type said, jumping up. He made his way inside and quickly grabbed it.

"Thank you." Tharn took the guitar from his boyfriend and smiled softly as he got situated.

Type took his seat beside Tharn again and turned his whole body towards him, showing he had his full attention.

No one said anything as he began to strum softly.

He had played around Type before, but this time felt different for some reason. And when Tharn started singing, Type's heart skipped a beat. Everything fell away and Tharn really did have Type's full attention.

Tharn lifted his head, making eye contact with Type. He hoped it was obvious that the song was for him.

Everyone else looked on, either in enjoyment or jealousy, as the two of them entered into their own world until the song was finished. Even then, they couldn't pull their eyes away from one another's gaze until someone spoke up. 

"Well, I'm happy to see that you're still as amazing as ever." Him mom smiled to the couple and wrapped her arm around her husbands, feeling full of love.

"Way to make those of us who are single feel worse." Thorn joked as he clapped his brother on the back. 

Everyone chuckled and continued their conversation as Type snuggled back into Tharn's side, wrapping his arms around his waist. 

"I really love it when you play." Type whispered, placing his lips against Tharn's ear. "I feel like I could know everything about you, but as soon as you play you're a whole different person, making me fall in love all over again." 

Tharn smiled softly. "Now you know how I feel whenever I watch you take photos." 

"Don't ever give up on music, Tharn. No matter what."

"Promise."

----------

After cleaning up and getting drowsy, everyone went their separate ways. Tharn's parents agreed to let San stay in the guest room, seeing as how Type wouldn't need it. Tharn's mother didn't seem happy about it, but she didn't show it much.

Tharn and Type were getting changed in Tharn's bedroom, stealing glances at one another's body, not seeing a reason not to.

"I'm sorry about how I acted earlier." Tharn said softly, slipping into his shirt. 

Type let out a small sigh and shrugged his shoulders. "I shouldn't have gotten angry without reason." He turned toward his boyfriend and wrapped his arms around his shoulders. "How about we make a deal?"

"Okay." Tharn said, wrapping his arms around Type's waist. 

"From now on, not that we already haven't been, but let's be honest with one another. If there's ever anything bothering us let's tell the other. I don't want us to ever go to bed angry either."