26

Tharn could feel the hours dragging on and on throughout the three days they didn't see one another. He felt like there was nothing to do expect wait. He had tried making plans with his family, but he kept checking his phone so much that his mother had to hide it so he would be engaged with everyone. 

Not that Type was actually talking to him much or anything. There was even a period of time that Tharn's calls were going straight to voicemail, which meant Type had probably shut his phone off. 

Tharn's classes, or two days, were also cancelled, so he had stayed home and worked a bit on the work his teachers had emailed out. Type had classes though, so he didn't really have time to reply to messages. Tharn also saw, on Eve's Instagram story, that he had Eve had been hanging out in the photography club room. She was learning to develop photos, which Tharn was jealous of. He had tried calling her, but she declined every single time.

He laid back on his bed, staring up at the ceiling. His earbuds were playing music loudly from his phone, which lay beside him on the bed. He still had 6 hours, 23 minutes, and 12 seconds left until Saturday officially began, then another 20 hours before his date with Type. Not that he was counting, though.

His relaxation and waiting was put to an end, however, when Thorn picked up a pillow laying on the ground and hit him hard with it.

He groaned loudly and sat up, throwing it back at his brother. He removed his earbuds and glared at him with narrowed eyes.

"Mom said dinner is ready." 

He nodded his head and turned off his music before getting up from the bed to make his way down to the dining room. 

"How is school?" His mother asked as they all sat down and began eating. 

"It's good." Tharn told her with a small nod. 

"Anything going on?"

He shook his head and shrugged softly. "Not really."

His mother rolled her eyes and glanced at her husband. He cleared his throat and sat up in his seat, looking to his son. 

"I think what your mother means to ask is if you maybe you have someone to introduce us to."

Tharn chuckled softly and shook his head. "There's no one." 

"Sure." Thanya said quietly, taking a sip of her water. 

Tharn narrowed his eyes at her as she smiled innocently. "There's no one." He repeated. 

"Tharn, they already know." Thorn patted his shoulder lightly. 

"There's nothing to know."

"Tharn, you know we support you in everything you do. No matter what you choose, we just want you to be happy." His mom told him. 

His father nodded in agreement. "And we think Type seems like a nice young man. If that's something you think to, we will support you." 

Tharn groaned loudly. "Guys, we aren't dating."

"But you do like each other?" His father questioned.

"Yes. They do." Thorn confirmed. 

"Thorn!" Tharn looked at his brother with a shocked expression, a little betrayal mixed in. He let out a sigh. "Can we please just finish dinner?" 

Thorn shrugged as he held his hands up in surrender. "I was just answering the question." 

"Well," His mother spoke up. "Changing the subject then, your father and I have to go out of town next week. We'll be leaving on Tuesday and we'll be back on Friday night." 

"For what?"

"We're meeting with some people about franchising the music store. That doesn't mean you can run around wild while we're gone. No crazy parties and no more than three friends each." She pointed her index finger at each of her children sternly. 

"Can you call Mint's mom to see if I can stay there while you're gone?" Thanya questioned. 

Mint was her best friend. She often stayed at her house, so they figured her mother wouldn't have that big of a problem with it. And Thorn would most likely be out of the house, doing whatever. This made Tharn confident that he would probably have the house to himself at least one of the nights. He was pretty sure Type had a football game on one of those days as well.

Tharn smiled to himself, planning out a quiet night that involved just Type and him. 

After dinner, Tharn helped clean up before going back up to his room. Type hadn't texted again, but he did see Eve posting photos of them together on her Facebook and Instagram. After hitting the like button on them, he tossed his phone next to him on the bed and laid back.

He figured that the sooner he closed his eyes and slept, the sooner Saturday would arrive. 

And he was correct.

The next morning went by quickly, which Tharn thanked God for. He had only two classes in the morning and one in the afternoon. He even woke up early and ate breakfast at home. He had texted with Type a few times throughout the day, which helped appease his excitement.

They had agreed that Tharn would pick Type up around eight and then they would head to the pub. 

Tharn had made the wrong decision of deciding to eat lunch in the music room, where Eve was practicing. She disclosed to him that Type informed her they were going on a date. so naturally she had to question him about it. 

"It's our first date, okay? We're just going to this little pub to have fun." He told her. 

Eve rolled her eyes pursed her lips. "So, you're telling me you aren't the kind of person who likes to do stuff on the first date?" She questioned. 

Tharn scoffed. "I'm so glad you think that way of me. I take back what I said about you being my friend." He turned away with attitude, making her chuckle. 

"I just want to make sure. Type seemed really nervous, and I don't want you corrupting him or anything."

"I am not going to corrupt him." He told her. "Besides, he is the one with experience. I've never dated anyone. I'm still a virgin." 

Eve gasped loudly. "You're still a virgin?" She questioned, shock written all over her expression. "I thought you would have at least, you know, with someone."

Tharn shook his head slowly. "Nope. I was never interested in anyone, and I'm not having sex with someone I don't plan on having a relationship with. There is no point."

"No point? What about just having fun?" 

"I have fun playing music." 

Eve snorted softly and patted his cheek. "You're so adorable." Tharn pushed her hand away. "Okay, but seriously, you guys look nice together. I don't know what he smiled like before, but I can definitely tell that you make him happy."

Tharn nodded with a small smile. "Thanks."

__________

Thoughts on this chapter?